D&D 5E Fixing Eldritch Blast

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Most of them mention 'weapons' in some capacity. Though you can always use Defense or Protection styles while shooting Eldritch Blasts.

Sorry, I should of clarified. I meant you don't get Archery and the likes with Eldritch Blast, putting it below using a bow... kinda.

Psychman

Explorer
Yunru, you're going to need to present your argument about Eldritch Blast and other spells much more thoroughly. There seems to be a disconnect between your understanding of some of the rules, and others, as we are all not seeing an issue of Eldritch Blast being low-power Ed, almost the opposite in fact.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Yunru, you're going to need to present your argument about Eldritch Blast and other spells much more thoroughly. There seems to be a disconnect between your understanding of some of the rules, and others, as we are all not seeing an issue of Eldritch Blast being low-power Ed, almost the opposite in fact.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk
Talking of presenting arguments...
I have no idea what you're saying.

neogod22

Explorer
No cantrip does enough damage. A cantrip vs 1 target is supposed to do 1d10 with half on a miss.
Or 25% more if it doesn't have half-on-a-miss. So 1d12.
Thus both Fireball and Eldritch Blast should do 1d12 unless they have some interesting rider.
What kind of crack are you smoking? Lol

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Psychman

Explorer
Talking of presenting arguments...
I have no idea what you're saying.
Cantrips are the spellcaster's baseline, their equivalent of a weapon. As they also have full spells as the core of their class, it is only fair that a weapon user should edge out a caster with that level of resource.

As the Warlock has a much more limited spell resource, they have Eldritch Blast that can match the weapon user like for like. If you enhance the cantrips spellcasters will be significantly more powerful than weapon users, which has been an issue in previous editions of the game.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove ads