• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fixing HS1 Slaying Stone

I'm using this module, co nverting it slightly for Dark Sun. The Veiled Alliance discovered that the Slaying Stone is a powerful defiling artifact that can instantly kill one person or creature. Centuries ago, the Sorcerer Kings learned of this town and the slaying stones, so instead of personally going to the town to destroy it, they sent a few armies. The town fell into obscurity until recently, when a member of the Veiled Alliance discovered that there was still one stone left. Unfortunately, so did one of the Sorcerer King's templars, who hopes to use the stone to gain favor.

Instead of Kobolds, Gobins and Orcs, I'll use Silt Runners, Slavers and a mercenary band that was hired by the Templar and is run by a Tarek.

Gimby

Explorer
When I ran this, I made quite a few tweaks (mostly to allow it to be run in one long session)

As for why the stone is wanted - using up all the stones would open up a planar gate at the heart of the town, allowing assorted devils to get out. This was part of a long term plan by the Architects of Victory (the crafters) under the assumption that that proviso would be forgotten or lost at some point, particularly if the town fell. Classic deal with the devil stuff.

The party weren't told all this up front and managed to work it out throughout the session, which lead to a nice confrontation with thier employer at the end.

UnknownAtThisTime

First Post
When I ran this, I made quite a few tweaks (mostly to allow it to be run in one long session)

As for why the stone is wanted - using up all the stones would open up a planar gate at the heart of the town, allowing assorted devils to get out. This was part of a long term plan by the Architects of Victory (the crafters) under the assumption that that proviso would be forgotten or lost at some point, particularly if the town fell. Classic deal with the devil stuff.

The party weren't told all this up front and managed to work it out throughout the session, which lead to a nice confrontation with thier employer at the end.

I know this is an old thread, but I really like a lot about this last suggestion. Bumped...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads