• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Fizban Is In The Wild -- With the Table of Contents!

Some people have received their copies of Fizban's Treasury of Dragons, and have posted photos (including the table of contents!) online!

Some people have received their copies of Fizban's Treasury of Dragons, and have posted photos (including the table of contents!) online!

8BFC444C-5615-4B7D-8BB7-F5D32D4F4C49.jpeg

E9ABFDE2-7C70-4917-8A3B-8C08CC5818DF.jpeg

E8DE898D-6851-408A-BC24-7010CEF5FF14.jpeg

Parmandur

Book-Friend
They weren’t ever officially published, though. I am fairly certain we won’t see anything that was only ever released in UA.

Consider MotM simply as an opportunity for them to redo all the existing non-PHB races in the new format (as well as reformat and rebalance various non-MM monsters). Nothing more, nothing less.
The idea is that they would be published in this new book as part of the effort to undo bad stereotypical representation of "monster" Races. So, these new versions would be errata for the Volo's versions.

Like Siberys? Because it's already in my headcanon that the Progenitor Dragons of Eberron are just Avatars/Aspects of Tiamat (being Khyber), Bahamut (being Eberron), and Siberys (being Sardior). If that were the case, that would just further cement my headcanon.
Don't know, likely will find out tomorrow.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Like Siberys? Because it's already in my headcanon that the Progenitor Dragons of Eberron are just Avatars/Aspects of Tiamat (being Khyber), Bahamut (being Eberron), and Siberys (being Sardior). If that were the case, that would just further cement my headcanon.
I think that might be what they are laying down, yeah.

It would explain the lack of a monster stat block if Saridor is dead in Sacred Space.

I wonder if Chris Perkins homebred setting "Iomanda" will become canon some time as a reboot of "Councyl of Wyrms". My suggestion is to allow lord/lady dragons to create demiplanes in the elemental chaotic Limbo. With this idea we are free to add later all possible new dragon species. And with some planar gate towards Ilkoria, the Magic: the Gathering world with those kaijus (giant monsters).

Don't you miss the dragonsteed from 3.5 "Dragon Magic"?

I suspect after this book we will see a second book about dragons.

Draconians are now a general monster, and the ones from Krynn are "Takishinian draconians", something like an added monster template.

Remove ads

Remove ads