• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Fizban Is In The Wild -- With the Table of Contents!

Some people have received their copies of Fizban's Treasury of Dragons, and have posted photos (including the table of contents!) online!

Some people have received their copies of Fizban's Treasury of Dragons, and have posted photos (including the table of contents!) online!

8BFC444C-5615-4B7D-8BB7-F5D32D4F4C49.jpeg

E9ABFDE2-7C70-4917-8A3B-8C08CC5818DF.jpeg

E8DE898D-6851-408A-BC24-7010CEF5FF14.jpeg

Weiley31

Legend
Wait: Rules for creating Dragons? As player characters or as like creating Dragon npcs in general? Cuz if its makes you roll up stats for Dragons, I'm totally combing this with the Dragon creation rules and special abilities from AiME's Lonely Mountain Region Guide.

Weiley31

Legend
That and Dragonblood Oozes. I can picture an Ancient or Great Wyrm fight at the end of the campaign where the breath stays in an animated form and Dragonblood Oozes form when the dragon takes X damage or more from a single attack.
Imagine killing the Dragon BBEG at the end of an epic long campaign and your pc gets killed by the randomly spilt dragon blood during the pc's victory dance.

HammerMan

Legend
Shame that the great wyrms seem to be identical templates with just different resistances and damage types. Was hoping that they would be as unique as their ancient versions, if not even more so.
I really wanted a portable lair action mechanic... like red great wyrms can just create a volcano on any ground... boom, GW Blues just summon a lightning storm on a 20... ect. I doubt I will get specific things like that (oh well I guess I can homebrew).

I hope the fluff of mixing multi versions of yourself from the multiverse makes it into the stat/fluff of the Great wyrms

Bolares

Hero
And Bahamut is a constellation in Eberron's night sky.
Yeah, I didn't mention Bahamut because his place in the cosmology is a bit more open (because the place of gods is a bit more open). But Tiamat is the main reason Dragons don't rule the world. They have to keep their power and greed in check to not give power and be influenced by Tiamat

Weiley31

Legend
One can simply just refluff Saridor using the Bahamut/Tiamat stat blocks. Saridor would also probably be the same or aroundish their CRs in 5E.

Remove ads

Remove ads