D&D 5E Fizban Is In The Wild -- With the Table of Contents!

Some people have received their copies of Fizban's Treasury of Dragons, and have posted photos (including the table of contents!) online!

Some people have received their copies of Fizban's Treasury of Dragons, and have posted photos (including the table of contents!) online!

8BFC444C-5615-4B7D-8BB7-F5D32D4F4C49.jpeg

E9ABFDE2-7C70-4917-8A3B-8C08CC5818DF.jpeg

E8DE898D-6851-408A-BC24-7010CEF5FF14.jpeg

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
CONSISTENCY is extremely relevant actually. When a medium remains inconsistent, it's just a chaotic mess of nonsense. It's why we have Edition Wars, because of the lack of consistency.
I'm sorry, but no.

Edition wars are a thing because some people can tolerate that some design choices differ from their own interest, hence using loaded language such as ''chaotic mess of nonsense'' to describe something that is just not to their liking.

Just because you dont like it does not mean that it is deprived of any worth or logical reasons.

dave2008

Legend
CONSISTENCY is extremely relevant actually. When a medium remains inconsistent, it's just a chaotic mess of nonsense. It's why we have Edition Wars, because of the lack of consistency.
I just disagree. Just because you can't follow it, or except, doesn't make it an inconsistent mess. 5e is very consistent. The only lore that matters is 5e lore. There is nothin inconsistent without. The fact that there may well be more new players than old players makes this more relevant than ever.

EDIT: Just want to let everyone know I don't mind if any given edition borrows from previous editions and respects the previous lore to some degree. I just don't have any desire for it (new edition) to be beholden to it (old edition lore).

dave2008

Legend
I'd be more onboard with this if they had included an Aspect of Sardior.
Well. honestly, I wish the hadn't included the Aspects of Tiamat and Bahamut. And that is not because I don't want them, I am just really disappointed in the execution.

pukunui

Legend
When it comes to a "cosmic force", it is less about it itself "granting" a spell, and more about the Cleric of a sacred tradition discerning and attuning it.
Yeah, I mean, if Eberron can say "Nobody knows if the gods really exist, so clerics and paladins get their divine magic from the sheer power of their faith", then why can't we have clerics of god-like dragons as well?

Remove ads

Remove ads