D&D 5E Fizban Is In The Wild -- With the Table of Contents!

Some people have received their copies of Fizban's Treasury of Dragons, and have posted photos (including the table of contents!) online!

Some people have received their copies of Fizban's Treasury of Dragons, and have posted photos (including the table of contents!) online!

8BFC444C-5615-4B7D-8BB7-F5D32D4F4C49.jpeg

E9ABFDE2-7C70-4917-8A3B-8C08CC5818DF.jpeg

E8DE898D-6851-408A-BC24-7010CEF5FF14.jpeg

In 5e there is no difference between divine and arcane magic (or psionics), there is just magic. It makes sense in a lot of ways, but I too liked the sources from 4e and wouldn't have minded a real divide between divine and arcane and possibly primal magic

Druids actually get their magic in FR from the First Circle, a group of nature Gods, but worshipping them is not a requirement for this magic, they are just the source and it doesn't mean you can't primarily worship a God outside of the First Circle.

And it's mentioned else where that clerics magic in FR comes from Gods, but I'll need to look up which book later.

Really even a Paladin gets their Divine magic from the Gods indirectly, the Oath gets its powers from the Gods.

when the new core books come out will some of the content introduced in this book be put into the new core books?

Absolutely. I could see Fizban's Dragonborn becoming the new norm for Dragonborn, with addition of a Dragonborn race that is from mixed Dragon ancestors or even from none Gem/Metallic/Chromatic Dragons. Honestly I think Faerie/Moonstone/Deep/Turtle/Mixed Dragonborn subrace would have been cool too.

Weiley31

Legend
For Tiamat think of it this way: Tyranny of Dragons 2019(or RoT) Tiamat is her in her Deity/Avatar form or close to it, WITH the House Rule of adding in her Mythic Action onto the stat block.

Aspect of Tiamat, as mentioned before, is basically not her closeish fully powered up form, but the weaker Aspect form of her.

Weiley31

Legend
Also, it looks like the Steel/Song dragon sidebar essentially says "There are lots of rumors of creatures called steel, song, or weredragon, but these are probably just other one of the main dragon types." So the book kind of says that steel/song dragons don't actually exist, they're folklore.
One's Folklore is another Dragon's Echo.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Hot take, if your Cleric gets their magic from faith (aka your own mind) directly, your really just a 3.5e Ardent in Cleric cosplay, a psion instead of a divine caster.
Yeah, no. Clerics aren't the same as they were in previous editions. If a class doesn't exist in 5e, then you can't be that class, even if you thematically "fit" that class's theme. Just because Clerics were expanded doesn't mean that certain members of the class aren't actually Clerics anymore because character from one of the expanded parts of the class.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
One's Folklore is another Dragon's Echo.

Yeah, it's worded so you can still integrate them into your game if you'd like, by just using/adjusting other creatures stats. But it also seems to preclude those creatures ever getting statted in 5E.

Scribe

Legend
This Cleric sidebar is more 5e 'just do what you want' type design, I won't even call it World building.

That people feel it needs to be explicitly stated that they can do whatever robs us of deep World building systems/lore, and that's unfortunate.

Remove ads

Remove ads