D&D 5E Fizban Is In The Wild -- With the Table of Contents!

Some people have received their copies of Fizban's Treasury of Dragons, and have posted photos (including the table of contents!) online!

Some people have received their copies of Fizban's Treasury of Dragons, and have posted photos (including the table of contents!) online!

8BFC444C-5615-4B7D-8BB7-F5D32D4F4C49.jpeg

E9ABFDE2-7C70-4917-8A3B-8C08CC5818DF.jpeg

E8DE898D-6851-408A-BC24-7010CEF5FF14.jpeg

Yaarel

He Mage
You had me up to here.

It's a monopoly run by Ao. In FR they shouldn't get to run their own business.
Even Ao isnt the cosmic forces themselves.

Thus even Ao lacks divinity.

He is the CEO of a large business, who mines and sells divinity.

None of the Forgotten Realms gods are divine.

They are just corporate bureaucrats who try to sell something by branding what the consumers already have.

Scribe

Legend
Even Ao isnt the cosmic forces themselves.

Thus even Ao lacks divinity.

He is the CEO of a large business, who mines and sells divinity.

None of the Forgotten Realms gods are divine.

They are just corporate bureaucrats who try to sell something by branding what the consumers already have.
Nah, this doesn't work for FR. You undermine the whole cosmology.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Nah, this doesn't work for FR. You undermine the whole cosmology.
It kinda does though...

In FR, a god can be killed, impeached from office or demoted to more or less a powerful NPC, but the Domain they govern is never destroyed.

Just like when someone lose their job or gets moved to another department. The job itself is still there, up for the taking, is someone else fits the job description and have a good resume.

Just look at Mystril, Mystra, Midnight, Mystra, Mystra, Mystra!

Scribe

Legend
It kinda does though...

In FR, a god can be killed, impeached from office or demoted to more or less a powerful NPC, but the Domain they govern is never destroyed.

Just like when someone lose their job or gets moved to another department. The job itself is still there, up for the taking, is someone else fits the job description and have a good resume.

Right. You can replace Bob at the front desk, but the person doing the replacing is Ao.

I dont get to decide that I'm now John at the front desk.

I'm fine with the analogy, right up to the point of 'Oh I dont want to visit this establishment, I'll just make my own.' because in FR, that Domain is provided via Ao, the CEO of the company that has a monopoly on the Domains.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
It kinda does though...

Sure, but the domain/job doesn't govern or give power. It's the god that governs that does. They are the one that is divine.

Remove ads

Remove ads