• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FLGS in NYC/NJ

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
I live in Tokyo and am on a business trip in NYC, staying in Manhatten. Tuesday I plan to visit a friend in New Jersey.

I was wanting to do some shopping for gaming stuff while I am here, a battlemat being the main thing on my list... can anyone recommend any FLGS in these areas?

Thanks!

Cordo

Negative Zero

First Post
not sure what a "FLGS" is but if it's sopping for gaming stuff you want in the city, you gotta go to The Compleat Strategist.

11 East 33rd Street (between Madison and Fifth Avenue)
New York, NY 10016
212-685-3880
Hours: Monday-Wednesday - 10:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday-Saturday - 10:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Thursday - 10:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Sunday - Closed

there's also Forbidden Planet

840 Broadway (Corner of Broadway and 13th Street)
New York, NY
(212) 473-1576
10AM to 10PM Monday - Saturday
11-8 Sunday

can't help you with Jersey tho, sorry. if there's anything else i can help with, let me know.

~NegZ

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Negative Zero said:
not sure what a "FLGS" is but if it's sopping for gaming stuff you want in the city, you gotta go to The Compleat Strategist.

11 East 33rd Street (between Madison and Fifth Avenue)
New York, NY 10016
212-685-3880
Hours: Monday-Wednesday - 10:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday-Saturday - 10:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Thursday - 10:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Sunday - Closed

Ditto on Compleat Strategist - they will definitely have what you are looking for.

And while your in that neighborhood, if you like comic books, be sure to stop at Jim Hanley's Universe:

http://www.jhuniverse.com/

Jim Hanley's Universe
4 W. 33rd Street (across the street from the Empire State Building)
New York, NY 10001-3302
Mon-Sat 9:00am-11:00pm
Sun 10:00am- 9:00pm
Tel: (212) 268-7088
Fax: (212) 268-7728

haiiro

First Post
I'll second the above recommendations -- I grew up shopping for gaming goodies at The Compleat Strategist, and it's a cool store.

I consider Forbidden Planet more of a comic book shop, but they do have a small selection of gaming stuff upstairs (at least, it was small about a year ago, which is when I was last there); good store overall, but try the Strat first.

Happy shopping. :)

Last edited:

haiiro

First Post
krunchyfrogg said:
Stay away from Neutral Ground!!!

Actually, I've occasionally found good stuff at sale prices at NG. It certainly wouldn't be my first stop, though (mainly because their selection is very spotty).

tf360

First Post
If you're going to Jersey, it depends on what part of NJ you're going to be in. If you're in northern NJ, Gamemaster at 27-03 Broadway in Fair Lawn is your best bet. There is also a WOTC store in the Willowbrook Mall in Wayne, NJ. If you're planning on purchasing a lot of stuff, Gamemaster sometimes gives you a discount. Also NJ's sales tax is 6% while NY is 7+ %.

If you're in Central Jersey, the Game Room in the Woodbridge Mall has some fantasy role playing stuff although they cater more to billiards and Warhammer items.

Can't help you with Southern Jersey, although I know that there is a store in Cranbury, but I don't know the name or the exact address.

esorek

First Post
Good Jersey Stores

Depending on where you go in Jersey you might want to check out Game Master in Fair Lawn, Dark Tower Games in Denville or the gamersrealm. All three should have what you need.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
haiiro said:

Actually, I've occasionally found good stuff at sale prices at NG. It certainly wouldn't be my first stop, though (mainly because their selection is very spotty).

I totally forgot about Neutral Ground. They do have good sales and finds sometimes - I was able to complete my 2e Spelljammer collection from their discount bins a few years back.

Glaurung

First Post
Let's see theres:

-Hobbymasters in Red Bank NJ (Monmouth county)

-A really nice store in Brick, but I can't remember the name (Gamemasters, maybe?) (right on the edge of Ocean and Monmouth counties) -I think it has an affiliate up north (New Brunswick or Edison?)

-I think theres a WOTC store in Woodbridge Mall (Woodbridge=Middlesex County)

-There is one in Cinnaminson and I think it has an affiliate in West Windsor

That's all I can remember for now-where in NJ will you be?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads