• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FLGS in Philadephia, PA?

Dr. Harry

First Post
iwatt said:
Well, two days until I'm finally off to visit my sister in Philadelphia. Since the FLGS down here in Chile carry mostly 2e and White Wolf stuff, I'll probably be spending a goodly ammount of cash on gaming stuff. So any help pointing me to a good store will bre geratly appreciated :D

All I know is that my sister lives near the University of Pennsylvania.

First, I'm glad to know that Days of Knights is still open in Newark. I lived there from '89-'90, and I really appreciated the place.

If you drive just NW of Philadelphia to King of Prussia, PA, there is a great store I used to walk to when I went to Villanova, the Compleat Strategist. Great selection, and very close to a freakin' huge mall (the King of Prussia Mall) that can keep your sister occupied.

http://www.thecompleatstrategist.com/index.asp?PAGEACTION=CONTACTUS

Rackhir

Explorer
The 125 bus from center city (runs up market st and turns at 29th st, stopping just across the street from 30th St Station before hopping onto I76 to KoP), runs almost right past the Complete Strategist in KoP. It will get off 76 onto Gulph Mills Rd, do a loop through a parking lot for one of the rail lines. Then it will bear left at a fork in the road, where there's a gas Station. At the next light on the right, is a little strip mall where the Complete Strategist is located.

For Steak sandwiches I prefer the place in Reading Terminal Market, on the 12th st side. But they are closed Sundays.

Napftor

Explorer
Just got back from my excursion to Days of Knights. Definitely was a nice place and quite friendly. Nary a freak to be found. ;) Picked up a Maztica box set on the cheap, The Coils of Set (Necro/Kenzer), and the print version of Hot Pursuit (while plugging my own POD Dread Codex from Adamant).

grodog

Hero
There are at least one or two game stores across the bridge in Southern and Central New Jersey, though far fewer than there used to be. May not be worth the trip, though, if you're just going to be in Philly the whole time?

iwatt

First Post
grodog said:
There are at least one or two game stores across the bridge in Southern and Central New Jersey, though far fewer than there used to be. May not be worth the trip, though, if you're just going to be in Philly the whole time?

Might rent a car for a weekend, to see the sights and for a quick jaunt to see some extended family.

JonMonster

First Post
Again, it isn't Philly, but you can take the R5-Doylestown to the end of the line (Doylestown, natch) and get off aabout 4 blocks from Cyborg One. It's a comic shop mainly, but it has a fairly good stack of RPG stuff. Just get off and head north on 611. It's in the heart of the town so it's hard to miss. The friendly staff there hooked me up with a great gaming group, too.

Patman21967

First Post
The Days of Knights is a great place. If you are looking for anything in particular, just ask.

As for cheesesteaks, go to Pat's and get "one whiz with" you won't be disappointed, especially if you go about 1am.

Scribble

First Post
JVisgaitis said:
Aw, come on! Everyone knows that Pat's has the best cheesesteaks....

I've never been a fan of the meat at either pat's or Geno's...

In anycase, good to see there are at least a few philly gamers! :p

As for the south jersey game stores... eh.

When I was a kid I used to buy my stuff at Hobbytown USA and Allied Hobbies... Then they closed.

Then there was Gamer's Realm in Pennsauken, and The WOTC store in the Morristown Mall... But they closed.

There's a little store called All Things Fun, which has one shelf of Game stuff... But the store is mainly novelties and comics more then games... The owners, a married couple, are really friendly though, so if you're ever in the Berlin area, I'd recommend stopping in.

A new place called Viking Games just opened up in Blackwood I think is the town? But when I went there the other day it was still moving in.... (The stuff was just out on tables and not on shelves yet...) I didn't stay too long, so I want to check it out again soon.

There's also a Games Workshop in the Cherry Hill Mall... But they creep me out, and you can only get Warhammer stuff there anyway.

Last edited:

Glyfair

Explorer
Scribble said:
As for the south jersey game stores... eh.

I've had a number of players from my Mage Knight & Mechwarrior tournaments at Between Books come from Pennsville. From what they tell me there is nothing in that area of Southern Jersey worthwhile. Admittedly, that's just over the Delaware Memorial Bridge, so the trip there isn't too far.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads