Flying Golems/Construct for your use!

Wolf72

Explorer
yup, it should be.

personal preference ... if something is mindless, unaligned works for me. (right, alignment/allegiance should be first)

Cleon

Legend
yup, it should be.

personal preference ... if something is mindless, unaligned works for me. (right, alignment/allegiance should be first)

In principle I agree with you, it's just not how it works officially in 3rd edition/Pathfinder.

Well at least 4th edition style "Unaligned" sounds less cumbersome than AD&D's "small n" neutral (as opposed to the "big N" True Neutral that druids had).

Although, come to think of it, some creatures in AD&D had "Alignment: Nil" which is pretty much the same idea. That was pretty much an early second edition thing for mindless/near-mindless creatures.

Wolf72

Explorer
That's about as far as my creature design got too. Officially it should be Neutral, but I find Unaligned not distracting at all. It's one of those scenarios if you were to pick up some other companies rpg product and they didn't use the alignment system (or had a different kind altogether) you'd be able to fill in any blanks or make any change without any trouble.

my next construct is going to be larger, capable of carrying more passengers ... and more dangerous for everyone!

I'm thinking of some sort of clockwork huge dragonfly designed by tinker gnomes, possibly refined by mad gnomes or gnomoi (capable tinker gnomes from Taladas).

Other alignments I've used: Tree-hugging Prankster (for a modified faerie dragon) ... Cantankerous Neutral (for a dragon turtle). I've definitely dropped some Melnibone and Black Company influences in my designs.

Cleon

Legend
my next construct is going to be larger, capable of carrying more passengers ... and more dangerous for everyone!

I'm thinking of some sort of clockwork huge dragonfly designed by tinker gnomes, possibly refined by mad gnomes or gnomoi (capable tinker gnomes from Taladas).

Hmm, well your Large dragonfly construct ought to be able to carry four gnomes pretty easily - they don't weigh much, after all.

It'd need smaller seats, obviously. :cool:

Wolf72

Explorer
[sputter]Tinker Gnomes? ... build something to size?[/sputter]

and they might actually want something to accommodate large creatures too

Cleon

Legend
[sputter]Tinker Gnomes? ... build something to size?[/sputter]

and they might actually want something to accommodate large creatures too

Well I suppose if an ogre was the only guy they could find stupid enough to volunteer to be the test pilot they just had to adapt the design...

Wolf72

Explorer
no, no ... I'm sure a Tinker Gnome wearing a suit an 'Oversized Gnome Reboundable Exoskeleton' would do just fine.

Cleon

Legend
no, no ... I'm sure a Tinker Gnome wearing a suit an 'Oversized Gnome Reboundable Exoskeleton' would do just fine.

I can't help thinking a Tinker Gnome would develop something like Rocket-Powered Trousers rather than a Construct flying mount if they wanted to fly somewhere.

That, or try to upgrade their "reliable" catapult transport network so it works over transnational distances...

Anyhow, are we actually going to get around to some stats for the Huge version?

Wolf72

Explorer
slowly ... my motivation is lacking at the moment (been a long week).

I wouldn't say a gnome invention is reliable yet ... I only have the concept down of what I want to do. Then I'll crack open my 1e DLA and my 3x Races of Ansalon and start gnomifying it.

Cleon

Legend
slowly ... my motivation is lacking at the moment (been a long week).

I wouldn't say a gnome invention is reliable yet ... I only have the concept down of what I want to do. Then I'll crack open my 1e DLA and my 3x Races of Ansalon and start gnomifying it.

Okay, I'll just wait then.

Remove ads