• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

For A Player - Paladin of Avandra

Foxen

First Post
Few Quick Notes...
I play a human pally...with healing hands.

Stats: Were the stats rolled or point bought? If the latter I think she's short 2 points (20pts vs 22pts) which she can raise her Wisdom to 14 or even drop her Strength to 13 an raise Wisdom to 15 (for the big lv4 boon). If rolled, I agree that Wisdom probably should be higher than Strength...especially if she's the party healer.

Lay on Hands and Healing: I took a LONG time deciding between 16 Str or Wis, but in the end, I decided to make her more durable versus more smashy. The party is a bit hostile and doesn't work well together, so I prefered (and thank the lucky stars) for 3 heals (Wis 16) at +2hp a day (Cha 14). Healing Hands HELP especially since I pretty much use all my lay on hands per day. Even at 2hp a pop, it adds much over time, especially when I'm healing myself (GM is allowing me to apply healing hands effect on self, especially after noticing how much my pally tanks). If this pally is going to be the party healer (which I don't really recommend), she's going to need much higher wisdom for additional heals. She at the least need the "Heal" skill to allow for DC10 2nd Wind checks. Clerics make for MUCH stronger healers....by far.

Avandra's Rescue: Umm, again if she's the party healer, she needs stronger healing powers or something...cause you're gonna want a hell of a lot of heals during combat.

Anyhow...just my two cents.

Fox

Seolfor

First Post
For Battle clerics, Paladins and Fighters multiclassing into cleric - Raven Queen's Blessing is pure love.

Also, RPing a follower of the Raven Queen is a boatload of fun - one of the most interesting gods in the 4e PHB

Gort

Explorer
If she really wants to play the healer/shielder, shouldn't she be playing a "devoted cleric" rather than a paladin? Any way you make a paladin, he still focuses on smashing things to pieces with a weapon. With a "devoted cleric" kind of character she can stand at the back and help her friends, and have better healing to boot.

Cirex

First Post
For Battle clerics, Paladins and Fighters multiclassing into cleric - Raven Queen's Blessing is pure love.

Also, RPing a follower of the Raven Queen is a boatload of fun - one of the most interesting gods in the 4e PHB

The channel divinity feats require the Channel Divinity feature, not granted by the multiclassing feat, so it shouldn't be possible to get those feats, unless I'm missing something.

Remove ads