• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

For More Than Glory (Emiricol's Campaign)

Arkhandus

First Post
Everyone earned 1705 combat XP (each) the day they fought Oruzanthanax and the kobolds. Rolf, Valdir, and Fleck each earn 500 further XP for roleplaying, cleverness, and related stuff. Further individual XP awards may be disbursed at the start of the next session. Sometime in the next day or so, depending on the reliability of my internet access, I'll post the treasure found on the dead and unconscious kobolds, either to this thread or the FMTG tavern thread, and see about RPing what the party does next for a bit.

Arkhandus

First Post
Aftermath And Loot From The Kobold Minions Of Oruzanthanax

Here's what the party found, in total, from the corpses of the slain kobolds and the bodies of the few unconscious kobolds. This includes the four elite mounted kobolds as well as the dozen kobold rookies that, well, tried to ambush the party beforehand. Discuss what you wanna do with the loot, what to keep, what to throw away, what to appraise later in town, what to sell later, what to try identifying and how, and how to divide the loot. You can discuss some of this in RP form if you like, on the tavern thread. As it stands, with the party having only Valdir's horse and Fleck's mule/cart (since Rolf's and Snake's horses died to the dragon's breath weapon earlier, unfortunately), the party can't possibly haul all of the loot from the 16 kobolds' bodies and the 4 giant stag beetles' saddlebags unless they intend to move along very, very slowly the rest of the way to the next city where they could sell the crud. For that reason, I'd appreciate it if folks posted their character's Strength score, and/or load capacities, for my reference so I can calculate just how much stuff they could haul and how quickly.

Following the battle, the party manages to find the few giant stag beetles that ran off with their unconscious or dead riders still in the saddle, at which point Valdir and Argus managed to cut loose the saddles, gear, and riders. They slew whatever unconscious kobolds they didn't plan on trying to question, and piled up the gear of the kobolds for the party to go through. The kobold and giant stag beetle corpses have been disposed of whichever way the party likes, and by the time all of this is done, the annoying Silence spell forced on Fleck by the kobold caster has finally worn off.

Here's the loot, with market price values as known and approximate weight. As usual, most of this will only sell at half value, and there may not even be a market for some of it (such as the kobold rations, ale, clothing, and such, or the giant stag beetle harnesses and feed, amongst other things). In addition to the stuff listed below, the party found a few miscellaneous odds and ends of no real value, knick-knacks such as small bones and severed digits that the kobolds took off of slain enemies, odd mementos like strange wooden carvings and pieces of bone or bark with roughly-etched portraits or writing in Draconic, pieces of rotting meat that the kobolds were probably snacking on, pocketfulls of grubs also serving as kobold snacks, and strange little miscellany of cord, bone, wood, vines, scales, shed snake skins, and a preserved iguana head.

200 gold coins (total 4 pounds)
140 silver coins (total 2-4/5 pounds)
100 copper coins (total 2 pounds)

2 pieces of blue quartz (unknown value, 0 pounds each)
1 piece of bloodstone (unknown value, 0 pounds)
1 banded agate (unknown value, 0 pounds)
3 pieces of hematite (unknown value, 0 pounds each)
1 solid gold idol artistically depicting Naeron consuming souls (unknown value, 10 pounds)
1 carved bone statuette presumably depicting the green dragon Oruzanthanax (unknown value, 4 pounds)
1 bronze torc inlaid with pieces of jet, sized for a small humanoid's head or a medium humanoid's arm (unknown value, 1 pound)
1 silver medallion inlaid with an elaborate green dragon's profile in malachite stones, upon a necklace of tiny gold and silver chain-links (unknown value, 2 pounds)

4 small lances (worth 10 gp each, 5 pounds each, total 40 gp/20 pounds)
12 small spears (worth 2 gp each, 3 pounds each, total 24 gp/36 pounds)
12 small slings (worth 0 gp each, 0 pounds each, total 0 gp/0 pounds)
24 bags of 10 sling bullets each (worth 1 sp each, 5 pounds each, total 24 sp/120 pounds)
12 small suits of leather armor (worth 10 gp each, 7-1/2 pounds each, total 120 gp/90 pounds)
4 small suits of masterwork full plate armor (worth 1,650 gp each, 25 pounds each, total 6,600 gp/100 pounds)

3 small artisans' outfits (worth 1 gp each, 1 pound each, total 4 gp/4 pounds)
8 small belt pouches (worth 1 gp each, 1/8 pound each, total 8 gp/1 pound)
4 bits & bridles (worth 2 gp each, 1 pound each, total 8 gp/4 pounds)
4 exotic military saddles specially designed for giant stag beetles (worth 60 gp each, 40 pounds each, total 240 gp/160 pounds)
4 saddlebags (worth 4 gp each, 8 pounds each, total 16 gp/32 pounds)
16 bags of hideous and stinking stuff you must assume is giant stag beetle feed (worth 5 cp each, 10 pounds each, total 80 cp/160 pounds)

1 spell component pouch (worth 5 gp, 2 pounds)
1 silver unholy symbol of Naeron on a thick necklace of preserved muscle tendon and assorted preserved fingers (worth 25 gp, 1 pound)
1 map case (worth 1 gp, 1/2 pound)
1 simple parchment map of the forest (may or may not have any value, 0 pounds)
5 blank sheets of parchment (worth 2 sp each, 0 pounds, total 10 sp/0 pounds)
1 half-full vial of ink (worth 8 gp, 0 pounds)
1 inkpen (worth 1 sp, 0 pounds)
1 small cleric's vestment (worth 5 gp, 1-1/2 pounds)
1 magnifying glass (worth 100 gp, 0 pounds)
1 spyglass (worth 1,000 gp, 1 pound)

8 flasks of alchemist's fire (worth 20 gp each, 1 pound each, total 160 gp/8 pounds)
8 flasks of acid (worth 10 gp each, 1 pound each, total 80 gp/8 pounds)
4 tindertwigs (worth 1 gp each, 0 pounds each, total 4 gp/0 pounds)
4 signet rings etched with the profile of a green dragon's head (worth 5 gp each, 0 pounds each, total 20 gp/0 pounds)
1 brass ring embedded with six tiny square pieces of different precious stones (unknown value, 0 pounds)
1 copper rod of intertwined 3-foot-long bars, capped at one end with a hexagonal piece of obsidian (unknown value, 5 pounds)
12 vials of murky amber fluid, possibly the same as the Potions of Cure Light Wounds found on the kobold bandits some time ago (unknown value, 0 pounds each)
4 vials of bubbly red fluid, possibly the same as the Potions of Cure Serious Wounds found on the kobold bandits some time ago (unknown value, 0 pounds each)
1 vial of steely gray fluid (unknown value, 0 pounds)
3 vials of effervescent tan-gray fluid (unknown value, 0 pounds each)
4 tiny bags of fine gray-and-brown dust, possibly the same as the Dusts of Tracelessness found on the kobold bandits some time ago (unknown value, 0 pounds each)

15 nearly-full flasks of dark and odious ale (worth 5 cp each, 1 pounds each, total 75 cp/15 pounds)
32 small trail rations consisting entirely of questionable jerkied meats and awful-smelling hard cheeses (worth 5 sp each, 1/4 pound each, total 160 sp/8 pounds)
28 half-full small waterskins (worth 1 gp each, 1/2 pound each, total 28 gp/14 pounds)
16 small tents (worth 10 gp each, 10 pounds each, total 160 gp/160 pounds)
12 bags of caltrops (worth 1 gp each, 2 pounds each, total 12 gp/24 pounds)
12 small backpacks (worth 2 gp each, 1/2 pound each, total 24 gp/6 pounds)
12 small travelers' outfits (worth 1 gp each, 1-1/4 pounds each, total 12 gp/15 pounds)

12 tanglefoot bags (worth 50 gp each, 4 pounds each, total 600 gp/48 pounds)
12 thunderstones (worth 30 gp each, 1 pound each, total 360 gp/12 pounds)
12 vials of alchemical antitoxin (worth 50 gp each, 0 pounds each, total 600 gp/0 pounds)
24 smokesticks (worth 20 gp each, 1/2 pound each, total 480 gp/12 pounds)
5 bundles of flint and steel (worth 1 gp each, 0 pounds, total 5 gp/0 pounds)
4 iron pots (worth 5 sp each, 2 pounds each, total 20 sp/8 pounds)
12 shovels (worth 2 gp each, 8 pounds each, total 24 gp/96 pounds)
1 miner's pick (3 gp, 10 pounds)
1 common hammer (5 sp, 2 pounds)
1 sledge (1 gp, 10 pounds)

Zildrax

First Post
For some reason I can't seem to see anyone on OpenRPG Dev 3, so I can't contact ya Ark. Do you by any chance have AIM or another instant messenger?

Arkhandus

First Post
Sorry there. I tried connecting to Dev III or Dev IV for about half an hour or an hour, even restarting OpenRPG, and it just wasn't working. I was able to connect to Dev II, but even then I got disconnected every other minute. The only instant messaging software I have is ICQ. My e-mail's mist_phantom@yahoo.com and my ICQ# is 157427704

If you don't have ICQ or don't want to talk over e-mail, let me know what time you can go on OpenRPG and talk to me on the Dev II server. Make sure to mention if that time's in Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific, or whatever timezone; some folks have an annoying habit of not telling me what time zone they're referring to when they tell me what time they'll show up on OpenRPG or something.

crystorix

Explorer
Hey all, my computer has completely died. I'm on my brother's computer long enough to type you this. I'll see about getting a new computer tomorrow, but I won't be able to make tonight's game.

PS 3.5 Call Lightning can be used underground

Memnus

First Post
Server's up, because I'm bored.

I also finally read the details on familiars and polymorph more closely, and there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that I was using the wrong attack bonus for the hydra attacks (high by 5), and will get that right for the next fight. The good news is that I realized a familiar is a Magical Beast, and so has low-light vision and darkvision.

Remove ads