• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

For More Than Glory

Crazy-San

First Post
After looting what he can, Kralic sits down next to one of the houses and leans back against it, rolling his neck. "Just how much are you saying we should give them for fighting their battle? Last I heard it's usually the ones doing the fighting for someone else that get payed. And on a someone unrelated note, those big guys have a pretty strong grip" He rolls his shoulders and stretches before relaxing against the wall some.

Memnus

First Post
"Enough to hire a band of craftsmen from nearby, at least. Think of it as punitive damages from the aggressors. He coughs, dryly. "We should make a stop at the nearest city. I'm sure the garrison would be interested in hearing about raids like this, and have the wherewithal to purchase a few weapons to use in retaliation. Seems to solve just about everyone's problems.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Fahlias nods in agreement with Fleck and Valdir. "Definitely. We should at least contribute to their rebuilding. I don't know what we could do to stop any further attacks though. We gave them a good battle, but the dark elves are certainy stubborn. Alerting a garrison is probably the best course of action, particularly since we can't face those elves in their own element."

Fahlias stretches and starts to walk around a little bit as he talks.

"As for alerting that garrison, I can travel fastest, and can take a couple people with me if anyone wants to come along and help. Maybe we'd be able to sell some of the gear those raiders were carrying while we're at it. That is, if someone could tell me where the nearest city is..."

((Unless my +17 in Knowledge (Geography) doesn't tell me.))

Memnus

First Post
"Isn't that what I just ... said...? In any case, it'll take them a few days to be able to effectively guard here. And we have no idea if the raiders will try again soon, try again later, or just head elsewhere. Or for that matter, how many elsewheres there are for them to head."

Memnus

First Post
Fleck gets a small room to stay in, rather than necessarily stay with Szitha's creepy caravan. By the next noon, he's got his lab fully set up on the floor, papers scattered all over the bed, and small vials and envelopes scattered in whatever open spaces are available. Some of the pages are half-finished letters, some are scrolls in other wizards' handwriting, but most are simply the scattered pages of his unbound spellbooks.

firehorse

First Post
After finding out where Fleck has decided to set up his shop, Szitha and his brother return to their 'creepy' caravan and rest for the night. After the typical renewal of spells and reinstitution of the twice daily Heroes' Feast that was put on hold by the requirements of the Wind Walking spells, they resecure the caravan and hide it as best as possible. Returning to town, they seek out Fleck and the rest of the party. Not wanting to interrupt the gnome, they set up a guard schedule outside his door.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Fahlias purchases a masterwork buckler and later returns to Falarn's tower, giving the elven wizard his bow and new buckler and paying completely for their enchantments and the lesser strength enchancing belt. After that, he goes to find a temple of Os to purchase 2 potions of cure serious wounds and a wand of cure light wounds.

The half-dragon sleeps in the forest for the night and hunts some in the morning with his lupine friend before returning to town around noon to check in with the rest of the party.

OOC: Just getting +1 on buckler and bow. And I know the total already, paying 21,415 GP.

Steven7

First Post
"So you like big hitters, I'll get you a hitter big enough to squish a great one. All you have to do is take this bag of coins and tell him where you found it. Say you got it right here in this field from a squished man. Say theres more because (Cerys pulls his hat off, and shows the ettin all the coins inside it) there are. You're not lying, you got the coins from a small person's body, and theres more coins to take back."
"If you get the chief to come out here, I will get you that hitter, the biggest best hitter you can imagine one with fire on it so it cooks anything you squish."

Dragonwriter

First Post
Achuakgarurt seems to struggle with the thought. The draco-ettin looks quite skeptical about the whole idea. “Not want to squish Great Ones. They big-high chiefs… But not get coins from squishied man, got coins from you. ‘Dat no-real talk, and Chief get mad. But Chief not come out for little shinies ever. Chief only go out of cave for big stuff.”

[sblock=OOC]
If you want to see how I did those text tricks, click the quote button at the bottom of this post.
[/sblock]

Steven7

First Post
"Well fine then, I thought we were friends, I'm even giving you something if you do it...you just start walking that way, I never want to see you again."
(Pointing the opposite direction of where the cave is located.)

Remove ads