For the Greater Good

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Staeven Myleron, Fighter 5/Ann Knight 7

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
*What's more, is as you examine the hooded figures, you catch a glimpse of one person's foot, clawed like a bird's. You know of no intelligent avian race that would perform this ritual, but there's more than one demon that has a foot like that.*

His brow furrows narrowly. "I agree with Sebastian, Nessa," he says in a hushed whisper, "We should not approach them. There are demon's among that lot. We cannot let them pass without some kind of... inquiry. However, rushing in would be rash... and perhaps suicidal..."

[OOC: How many of them are there. And also, where is our Rogue's Gallery? Went looking for it but I couldn't find it for some reason. I have some ideas, but I'm not entirely certain who's who :\ The quirks of PBP, I guess. Sorry :(]

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Nessa Caoilfhionn, Female Aasimar Arcane Disciple

*Nessa's eyes widen in alarm when Staeven uses the word 'demon'. She's dealt with demons before, but that they should walk so brazenly on the Prime...*

"How do you wish to make this inquiry? It will not take them long to establish that we are not just simple travelers." *She asks in a whisper.* "As for dealing with them, I have a few spells that might aid us."

Halivar

First Post
Sebastian Andovar, human chaotic paladin of Hoar

Aerofax whinnies nervously as she discerns Sebastian's surface thougths. Sebastian absent-mindedly pats her mane, but is not really paying attention to calming her. His gaze remains steadfast on the demonic procession. His hand grips Foesmiter tightly, ready to rip it from its sheath on Aerofax.

Sebastian gives Nessa a sideways glance and whispers, "Be ready. Many kinds of demons will be able to see exactly what sort of folk we are. Violence will come."

With that, Sebastian chants softly, "So'vee-el nos var-thruk. E'vee-el nar garthok." Shadows stretch over him, and the darkness melds into a cold, hard iron. He now appears as a tall, black knight, wearing harbinger of wrath.

"I always use diplomacy with people first," says Sebastian, "But these aren't people. Besides, we can leave one alive for questioning." He looks to his party-mates for agreement or dissent. He will wait until they give it.

Last edited:

Lyssa

Feeling a fire from within that replaced the dark hunger she once felt in the presence of innament combat, she lets her shape shift back to her natural form as she pulls her bow and makes ready to take to the air. "I'll feather the one we'll capture as my shafts can do little lasting harm if I wish." she says calmly as she spreads her gift of protection out around her.

Jarval

Explorer
Nessa Caoilfhionn, Female Aasimar Arcane Disciple

*Seeing that all pretence had now been laid aside, Nessa quickly weaves the words of power given to her by the Spell Lord. She makes a final gesture, and a glowing ball of energy launches itself from her hand.*

(Casting a Purified Sonicball centered to catch as many of the demons as possible.)

Last edited:

Jaik

First Post
Darren's keen ears have caught the other travellers' intentions, and his hand is already closing on his dagger's handle when he hears chanting. Quickly drawing Shadow's Bite along with his belt dagger, he raises his head to view his opponents. His eyes are slits of glowing red which fasten to the nearest "priest" as his arms whips back, then forward again, hurling his dagger towards his target's throat.

(OOC: Throwing with his off hand, so that's a penalty. Also using combat expertise for 2 points, giving him AC 25 and a -2 to hit)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*There are ten "priests," with three large wagons each containing about five coffins, each wagon drawn by two black horses. You are about fifty feet away from them.*

*Nessa launches the opening salvo, detonating a scream of the heavens amist the demon priests. She catches nearly all of them, save two, in the blast, and all but two of the horses and one of the wagons. Some of them leap out of the way entirely, some seem to merely dodge the worst of the damage, but three simply explode from the sheer power brought against them. The horses scream, but none fall, and the lids are blown off of the coffins.*

*Darren's dagger hits the closest in the leg, seeming to lame it. Four of the remaining priests, those that look the least hurt, begin to bring their censers to bear. The others hasten to start pulling out the bodies in the coffins... as a final priest casts a great spread of darkeness about their caravan.*

Lyssia

She casts her cloaked form aside and takes to the air, pulling her bow and looking for one of the more disabled 'priests' to take out with her non-lethal bow shots in quick fashion before moving to more permanently silencing the rest taking care to help/assist the others as needed.

Halivar

First Post
Sebastian Andovar, human chaotic paladin of Hoar

Sebastian rips Foesmiter from its sheath and chants loudly, as Foesmiter glows a brilliant red.

Init: +1
HP: 128/128
AC: 24 (flat 23, touch 16), +4 vs. multiple opponents (Stand Against the Tide)
Attack: +22/+17/+12, 2d6+12 (crit. 17-20x2), +3 blessed greatsword
F/R/W: +11/+7/+10

OOC: Sebastian casts greater magic weapon, making his weapon a +3 blessed greatsword, thus the elevated stats.

Last edited:

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Staeven Myleron Ft 5/AnnKn 7

His mare whinnies angrily, rearing up on its hind legs. Cursing bloody murder under his breath, Staeven quickly calms the animal. He dismounts skillfully, slapping the horse on the hindquarters to send her running.

Whipping aside his red cloak, the Hammer of Heaven slides quickly from its scabbard, the etched flame running up the fuller beaming light as brightly as a torch. The huge mithral arm, which might appear part of his gleaming plate to the unattentive observer, reaches behind his back, yanking Knight's Heart from his back. Bathed in the warm light from his blade, the Phoenix Knight is ready for battle.

I hope history doesn't decide to repeat itself today, he muses, Dying once was enough.

Suddenly an idea strikes him. Perhaps they've heard of me... He smiles grimly. That could be advantageous for us. We'll see...

[OOC: Wielding +2 Demonbane bastard sword and +2 large round shield, wearing +2 full plate, Init +5, AC 29, +21/+16/+11 to hit, 1d10+10 damage. Vs. Demons: increase To Hit and Damage by +2, add 2d6 damage.]

Last edited:

Remove ads