For the Record

Cadfan

First Post
56 zombies killed in one attack.

Turns out that a hundred zombie rotters do not, in fact, constitute a difficult challenge for a level 11 party.

Intrope

First Post
Out of curiousity, how did they nail 56 in one shot? At that level Fireball is about the largest AoE I can think of (burst 3) and that's not big enough (49 squares).

Dice4Hire

First Post
That is not a surprise at all. 4e, even more than previous editions, makes monsters below the party a cakewalk and those above a real challenge, full of lots of missed attacks, at least in levels like that (+10 or -10) Put the characters up against a level 21 creature and it will not be pretty.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Out of curiousity, how did they nail 56 in one shot? At that level Fireball is about the largest AoE I can think of (burst 3) and that's not big enough (49 squares).

Enlarge spell feat, from Arcane Power, it can add 1 to the area of most area spells.

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
56 zombies killed in one attack.

Turns out that a hundred zombie rotters do not, in fact, constitute a difficult challenge for a level 11 party.

You know how to get around these sort of absurdities? Fluff-as-crunch.

Zombies are the undead. They cannot be killed by conventional means. Players have to deal coupe de grace to each zombie to make certain it doesn't ressurect itself on a 5-6 recharge roll per round.

Problem solved. ;)

Rechan

Adventurer
Zombie rotters? Those are, among other things, poorly designed (compare to say, goblin cutters).

But no, I wouldn't throw a level 1-3 minion at level 11 party. Maybe 100 level 11 mnions, sure.

Of course, I'd drop the PCs in the middle of those hundred minions, instead of staggering/waving them. :D

Victim

First Post
Cleric PPs have some Close Burst 8 attacks too, which could hit a lot more than 50 guys if the party is surrounded.

Remove ads