FORBES: Out of the Abyss preview

Article here. Mostly just covers NPCs in the campaign and that's it, along with respective portraits. Have to say, so far it seems like I was watching a Saturday morning cartoon reading about them all Is that bad? This looks absolutely amazing to me.

Article here. Mostly just covers NPCs in the campaign and that's it, along with respective portraits. Have to say, so far it seems like I was watching a Saturday morning cartoon reading about them all

Is that bad? This looks absolutely amazing to me.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I love it. The Wonderland-inspired whimsy is really engaging for me, and contrasting all that with that epic demony badness. Of the three major adventures so far, this is the one which excites me the most.

Steven Winter

Explorer
A caution to readers -- the article contains at least one spoiler for anyone who's planning to be a player in this adventure. Read at your own risk.

Steve

pukunui

Legend
[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION]: Your article link gives me a "page not found" error. Sacrosanct's original link works for me, though. Just FYI.

You're right but in a very silly and childish way.

Not the direction I want D&D to go.
The Underdark is not a happy place. Most of its inhabitants are dour, depressed, depraved, or some combination thereof. You can feel the weight of all that earth and rock above you. It can be quite claustrophobic. It's grim and dark, both literally and figuratively. And then there are all the demons lords ... Having read a draft version of this adventure, I can tell you that the whimsical characters and situations help add some much-needed levity to what would otherwise be a real downer of a campaign.

Sacrosanct

Legend
[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION]: Your article link gives me a "page not found" error. Sacrosanct's original link works for me, though. Just FYI.

The Underdark is not a happy place. Most of its inhabitants are dour, depressed, depraved, or some combination thereof. You can feel the weight of all that earth and rock above you. It can be quite claustrophobic. It's grim and dark, both literally and figuratively. And then there are all the demons lords ... Having read a draft version of this adventure, I can tell you that the whimsical characters and situations help add some much-needed levity to what would otherwise be a real downer of a campaign.

"Why did you add whimsical NPCs to your Underdark adventure?"
"Because we didn't want to put a suicide watch on our players."

;)

Remove ads

Remove ads