"Forget" Spell

FCWesel

First Post
Is there a spell that can make a PC forget something? Say like the events of the past day, or something like that? Any help would be cool, thanks.

Sejs

First Post
There's the Modify Memory spell, but that's measured in terms of minutes rather than whole days.

Forgetting whole days is kind of a tall order.

Are you the DM? If so, just handwave it. Someone developed a 'forget-a-day' spell or ritual, or there's this insidious drug that causes memory loss, or a memory-eater monster that lives on the ethereal plane that somebody's bound, etc, etc.

FCWesel

First Post
Sejs said:
Are you the DM? If so, just handwave it. Someone developed a 'forget-a-day' spell or ritual, or there's this insidious drug that causes memory loss, or a memory-eater monster that lives on the ethereal plane that somebody's bound, etc, etc.

I was planning on just handwaving it for the most part anyways, to be honest...but then I thought if there was something already "in the books" then I would try and use that.

Thanks for your post.

Three_Haligonians

First Post
Programmed Amnesia is in the Spell Compendium. There is also a spell in the Book of Vile Darkness (with a name bad enough not to say in polite company). Both are high level though.

J from Three Haligonians

Remove ads