• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forgotten Heroes - DnD [Back to DnD]

Voadam

Legend
Komodo said:
I'm loathe to do it, but I guess I could play a bard. What do you guys think about the Savage Bard variant in UA? It looks like it'd be more suited to acting as a guide, though if you want a loremaster, Bardic Sage would work.

If you are loathe to do it I would suggest not trying to make a bard and just going with the cleric with a different focus (demon fighting inquisitor archetype would work and be different focus from the swamp guide travel cleric).

Komodo

First Post
Voadam said:
(demon fighting inquisitor archetype would work and be different focus from the swamp guide travel cleric).

Now that I can do! I'll have something up soon. How are we determining stats?

Voadam

Legend
43 point buy.

Technically AT set it up as 40 point buy with your class' prime requisite (old edition term, wisdom for a cleric) starting at 11 instead of 8 (though the costs for 15-16 and 17-18 don't change). Essentially a normal 43 point buy but you must end up with at least an 11 wisdom base from point buy before racial or level modifiers. You get +1 stat increase after the 43 point buy for the 4th level advance.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Voadam said:
Technically AT set it up as 40 point buy with your class' prime requisite (old edition term, wisdom for a cleric) starting at 11 instead of 8 (though the costs for 15-16 and 17-18 don't change). Essentially a normal 43 point buy but you must end up with at least an 11 wisdom base from point buy before racial or level modifiers.

Except that AT said we were allowed to choose our own prime requisite since they aren't defined anymore. Thus all you need to do is spend 43 points and make sure that at least ONE stat is over 11. . . good luck with not fulfilling that requirement. :D

43 point buy.

Komodo

First Post
Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Kralek Hardcheese
[b]Class:[/b] Cleric 5/Exorcist of the Silver Flame 1
[b]Race:[/b] Half-orc
[b]Deity:[/b] Johan
[b]Alignment:[/b] Lawful Good

[b]Age:[/b] 27
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Height:[/b] 6'1"
[b]Weight:[/b] 180 lbs
[b]Eyes:[/b] Orange
[b]Hair:[/b] Black
[b]Skin:[/b] Gray

[b]Ability Scores:[/b] 
Str: 15		
Dex: 12		
Con: 14		
Int: 12		
Wis: 18		
Cha: 14	

[b]HP:[/b] 42
[b]AC:[/b] 23 = 10 + 10 armor + 1 Dex + 1 deflection + 1 natural
[b]Init.:[/b] +1
[b]BAB:[/b] +4
[b]Saves:[/b] Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +10
[b]Attacks:[/b]
SMASH! +1 Greatsword at +7 for 2d6+5 (with Weapon of the Exorcist)

[b]Racial Abilities:[/b]
Darkvision
Orc Blood

[b]Class Abilities:[/b]
Healing Domain
Strength Domain
Turn Undead
Flame of Censure
Weapon of the Exorcist

[b]Feats:[/b]
Augment Healing
Combat Casting
Sacred Boost

[b]Skills:[/b]
Skill: Total = Ability + Ranks + Misc
Concentration:	       14 = 2 + 8 + 4
Intimidate:		3 = 2 + 1 + 0
Heal:			7 = 4 + 1 + 2
Knowledge (Religion):	9 = 1 + 8 + 0 
Knowledge (the Planes)  5 = 1 + 4 + 0
Sense Motive:		7 = 4 + 3 + 0
Spellcraft:		4 = 1 + 3 + 0

[b]Languages:[/b]
Common
Orcish
Celestial

[b]Caster level: 5th[/b]
[b]Spells per day:[/b]
0-level: 5
1st-level: 5+1
2nd-level: 3+1
3rd-level: 2+1

[b]Gear:[/b]
Golden Holy Symbol of Johan		[1 lb] (25 gp)
+1 Greatsword 				[4 lb] (2350 gp)
+2 Full Plate				[50 lb](5650 gp)
Healer's Kit				[1 lb] (50 gp)
Ring of Protection +1			[--]   (2000 gp)
Amulet of Natural Armor +1		[--]   (2000 gp)
Wand of [i]cure light wounds[/i] (50)	        [--]   (750 gp)
5 days of trail rations			[5 lb] (2.5 gp)
Pearl of Power, 1st level		[--]   (1000 gp)
Hunk of goat cheese			[1 lb] (--)
Backpack				[1 lb] (1 gp)
Bedroll					[5 lb] 
Waterskin
Whetstone
9 pp
14 gp
4 sp
6 cp

[b]Description:[/b]
Kralek is a large, burly half-orc who is curiously well-groomed.  His gray skinned-face is clean-shaven and his hair is clean and neatly combed into a short ponytail.  The half-orc's jutting tusks are clean and white, and somehow manage to complement his dignified appearance.  His orange eyes are bright and fearsome, yet hold a spark of compassion and love.  He is protected by a shining suit of plate mail with gold-alloyed joints.  Over the chestpiece of his armor he wears a white tunic with the symbol of Johan embroidered in gold.  A heavy looking greatsword hangs on his back and seems to shimmer with a soft light.

Last edited:

Kafkonia

First Post
Voadam said:
A suggestion for the cleric. As a party we have established relations with the church of Johan and they have agreed to aid us. Being called in by the church would be an easy character tie in for the ongoing story.

That's why I left the specifics of "the church" in Kay's background vague.

I should have more detail edited in shortly. Anything in particular I should focus on?

Komodo

First Post
Kafkonia said:

I should have more detail edited in shortly. Anything in particular I should focus on?

I think my cleric has the Johan connection covered, but maybe we're to be partnered itenerant clerics. If that's the case, the two of us should get in contact via AIM or something to discuss important matters.

My screenname is Mr K0m0d0.

Voadam

Legend
Kafkonia said:

Sorry, we know almost nothing about Johan so I can't really give you advice, though he's the only God we've even heard of on this world so far. My character is interested in learning of Johan though (from an academic and political not spiritual hunger type of way). For our characters with our amnesia it is another mystery of this world we find ourselves in.

I don't recognize the name so I don't know if he's a minor D&D god from a secondary sourcebook or if he's a homebrew of AT's.

Remove ads