D&D 3E/3.5 Forgotten Realms 3.5 to 4e

ShadowyFigure

First Post
My group have began demoing 4e using the forgotten realms, I have decided to post them here and will eventually compile everything into a PDF file anyway these are the things i'm including, and if you have something you'd like included or would like to make for the PDF I'll be accepting the following.

• Prestige classes to Paragon paths
  • Feats
  • Equipment
  • Monsters
  • Powers

ShadowyFigure

First Post
Elves

Drow

Drow have the following racial abilities.

Ability Scores: +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence
Size: Medium
Speed: 7 squares
Vision: Dark vision 12 Squares
Languages: Common, Elven, Under common, Drow Sign
Skill Bonuses: +2 Stealth, +2 Perception

Bite of the Spider Queen
Drow Racial Power
The drows blade became covered in a dark purple aura paralyzing the foes he cut.
Encounter ✦ Free Action Personal
Effect: The next attack you make with your current drawn weapon if it hits immobilizes your target until the end of your next turn. If the attack misses the effects of this power are wasted.

Sun Elves of Evermeet [Elf]
Prerequisite: Elf or Half-Elf?, 1st level?
Benefit: This feat may only be taken at 1st level, instead of receiving a +2 bonus to Wisdom you receive the same bonus to Intelligence instead. You may also select an additional at-will power from the wizard class instead of having the Elven Precision racial power. This chosen power treated as an Encounter Power.
Wood Elf [Elf]
Prerequisite: Elf or Half-Elf?, 1st level?
Benefit: Instead of receiving a +2 bonus to Wisdom you receive the same bonus to Strength instead. You may also select an At-Will power from the fighter class in place of the Elven Precision Racial Power. This chosen power is treated as an Encounter Power.

Twin Sword Style [Elf]
Prerequisite: Elf or Half-Elf?, Two Weapon Fighting?
Benefit: A target hit by your attack while using the two Weapon Fighting Feat is considered marked. Your receive a +2 Bonus to AC against target you have marked with this feat. Marking another target supersedes the first mark.

Mind Over Body [Elf]
Prerequisite: Elf or Half-Elf? And ???
Benefit: At 1st level instead of adding your constitution score to you hit points add your intelligence score.

Drow Apprentice Wizardry [Drow]
Tier: Heroic
Prerequisite: Drow, Int 10+, Drow Apprentice Wizardry
Benefit: You gain a Wizard Cantrip

Drow Wizardry [Drow]
Tier: Paragon
Prerequisite: Drow, Int 10+, Drow Apprentice Wizardry
Benefit: You gain a Wizard at Will power as an encounter power.

Drow Scholar Wizardry [Drow]
Tier: Epic
Prerequisite: Drow, Int 10+, Drow Wizardry
Benefit: You gain a Wizard encounter Power as a Daily Power. This feat may be taken more then once but you must choose the powers gained from this feat as a wizard chooses there daily spells.

Unlogic

First Post
Twin Sword Style [Elf]
Prerequisite: Elf or Half-Elf?, Two Weapon Fighting?
Benefit: A target hit by your attack while using the two Weapon Fighting Feat is considered marked. Your receive a +2 Bonus to AC against target you have marked with this feat. Marking another target supersedes the first mark.

Just a comment about this... since marking gives the target a -2 to hit if he chooses to attack anyone else, the +2 AC pretty much negates its purpose. There's no longer any motivation for it to actually attack the person who marked it; its just effectively at -2 to whoever it decides to attack. So I'd recommend changing it if you want it to actually stay defendery.

Staffan

Legend
ShadowyFigure said:
Marking depends on your class...
No, I'm pretty sure that "Marking" is defined as "-2 to attack anyone but the one who marked you." Some abilities inflict additional effects on those marked (like the paladin's Divine Challenge), but the basic mark effect is "fight me, not the other guy."

Also, why would you want to add all those subrace feats? That's one of the things that turned people off of FR in 3e - the million different elven subraces. I'm pretty sure that I've seen Rich Baker mention that they want to get away from that in 4e - mechanically, they'll only have elves (which would cover Wood and Wild elves, the more wilderness-oriented ones) and eladrin (which would cover Sun and Moon elves, the more intellectual ones). You might still have cosmetic differences between the different subraces (sun elves being blond and moon elves being dark-haired), but mechanically they'd be the same.

And finally, the Drow Wizardry feats would be better handled by multiclass feats.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Staffan said:
That's one of the things that turned people off of FR in 3e - the million different elven subraces.
It turned off some people - some may like it - over there on the WotC is a pretty comprehensive "Netbook of Elves" - so not all hate'em.

Though I agree on the marking - because marking monsters work the same way without specific text for each monster, implying that marking has a general effect - i.e. the -2 to attacks against other targets.

Cheers, LT.

ShadowyFigure

First Post
You relies of course that is what direction WOtc are going, in a podcast they said... instead of having lots of subraces they'll be using racial feats.

Remove ads