• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forgotten Realms Cast

jollyninja

First Post
bruce cambell and christopher walken on the same show? my brain is about to pop just thinking about that one. imagine any scene where the two both had dialogue? i'm shivering

wesley snipes is to tall for drizzt, i say Jet li. i would cast Tim Roth as Artemis Entreri with Ray Park as his stunt man.

Jeremy

Explorer
I'd like to see Christopher Lloyd do Halaster when he's crazed. Old Doc Brown mixed with a little pscyho cabbie from Taxi, throw in more wizard levels then Elminster's got and you've got one flipped out character. :)

But in all reality, I'd rather every single character in the show be a no name. Preferably a no name with only average looks.

If you bring in a star you bring in money and ego problems and you also have to make them the focus. I want to see talented actors who really need the job to make their break and work hard.

If you bring in really good looking men and women you get a Beastmaster or Land of the Lost or Conan (the series not the movie, though I guess it qualifies in a different way) where half the show is T&A, half is cheesy ham-fisted dialog, and the rest is fight choreography (sp?) from Hercules including mooks who jump up and down when they are hit in the midsection and a punch track plays.

Come to think of it, I can't think of a TV show with good fight choreography. Guess it costs too much. Mortal Kombat (back when it was on TNT) had good choreography, but they had to. FR is probably going to focus more on cutesy or "impressive" CGI. I'd prefer if it focused on characters and politics, and with Salvatore writing it, at least we'll have character interaction, but that probably won't market to the corporate higher-ups.

Just don't make it a kids show. Please please please please... It'll provide it's own humor and stories, it doesn't need any campiness. Treat it with respect and treat it serious because when you are already in fantasy adding even more of the far-fetched leads to, I dunno, to D&D the Movie.

"I am an umpteenth level Archmage but I'm going to beat you with this stick and grapple with you!"

Argh.

Last edited:

Glamdring

First Post
Devito as Mirt? You're all crazy. Mirt isn't a midgit.

Snipes as Drizzt? Why? Because he can fight? He looks nothing like I'd picture him. Alas, if only Brandon Lee were still with us.

The sad thing is that RAS is writing this thing. He shouldn't be allowed to touch characters like Elminster and Manshoon. I can tell right now that this TV show will do absolutely no justice to the FR world.

RAS writing this thing obviously means we'll have to see Drizzt, Entreri, and the Companions. What a shame. At any rate, I would hope that new faces grace the new show. Everyone immediately assumes that we'll be seeing the stars playing the roles of our favorite FR characters. Fat chance.

Wikidogre

First Post
Glamdring said:
Devito as Mirt? You're all crazy. Mirt isn't a midgit.

Snipes as Drizzt? Why? Because he can fight? He looks nothing like I'd picture him. Alas, if only Brandon Lee were still with us.

The sad thing is that RAS is writing this thing. He shouldn't be allowed to touch characters like Elminster and Manshoon. I can tell right now that this TV show will do absolutely no justice to the FR world.

RAS writing this thing obviously means we'll have to see Drizzt, Entreri, and the Companions. What a shame. At any rate, I would hope that new faces grace the new show. Everyone immediately assumes that we'll be seeing the stars playing the roles of our favorite FR characters. Fat chance.

Just because RAS is writting the series, what makes you think he is going to primarily use Drizzle or any of the companions. After all the flak he has been taking, i highly doubt that he even wants to publish his next novel about the Drizzle. And if he uses then for an episode so what, that is the whole point of a tv series, about the realms.

For Drizzle, the best books where the first 3 anyways, and they should be made into a movies trilogy

Sinistar

I fear the camp as well. Sadly, I don't think the budget will allow for anything else. I agree most of the budget will be spent on special effects.

So if I had my druthers, I would have Elminster as the narrator and rarely seen. But he would be played by Stan "The Man" Lee. Who makes a wonderful narrator...

Wikidogre

First Post
Elminster- Sean Connery (Based off of the pic in the 3rd ed book)
Mystra- Zoe (From the :):):):)ty DnD Movie, her eyes!)
Artimis Entrari- Colin Farral
Fzoul Chembryl- A long shot but Dolph Lundgren (if he learns how to act again!!)
Klauth: Dragon of the North- Voice (James Earl Jones)
Drizzle- I think Toby McGuire could pull of a Drizzle, he has the height and build along with facial features of an elf to me.
Halaster Blackcloak- Definatly Christopher Lloyd
The Simbul- Kate Blanchet (with white hair of course, would fit nice)
Sememmon- Alan Rickman
Cyric- Tim Roth
Khelben Blackstaff- Christopher Walken
Wulfgar- Tyler Mane
Cattibre- Denise Richards (sorry i had too!)
Thible Dorf Pwnet- Bobcat Goldwath (just for the voice, it is how i envisioned him talking in the books :D )
Bruenor Battlehammer (Same guy who played Gimly in LoTR)
Lady Alustrial- Lucy Lawless

Ok OK ill quit, i am bored off my a$$ at work!!

All in all, for a movie yeah this would be cool, but for a Tv series i loke the idea of no names. adds some sugar and spice to the fire!

Last edited:

ForceUser

Explorer
It'll have the same quality actors we find in Relic Hunter, Xena, and Beastmaster. Which suits FR perfectly, as far as I'm concerned. :p

wallshot

First Post
Umm...

so what is everyones major grievence against the realms? What is so terrible about RAS? U dont like how indestructible the characters are? Well guess what...its fantasy. Do me a favor. Go to yor bookshelf and pick up a fantasy novel (if U have one). Flip to the end. Who is alive? I would guess that 99% of the time, its gonna be the main character and his/her companions... +/- one or two. U know why? Thats right...its Fantasy.

"But Drizzt is soo munchkin! Elminster is soo unstopable! Khelben is soo min/maxed!" get overyourself! If U dont like the realms, im sure greyhawk is still there waiting for U. If U dont like high-magic...Get the F--- outta my realms!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads