• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forgotten Realms Cast

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Re: Umm...

wallshot said:
so what is everyones major grievence against the realms? What is so terrible about RAS? U dont like how indestructible the characters are? Well guess what...its fantasy. Do me a favor. Go to yor bookshelf and pick up a fantasy novel (if U have one). Flip to the end. Who is alive? I would guess that 99% of the time, its gonna be the main character and his/her companions... +/- one or two. U know why? Thats right...its Fantasy.

Well, I just grabbed "A Game of Thrones", "A Clash of Kings", and "A Storm of Swords" off my shelf (the current "bar" for fantasy fiction as far as I'm concerned) and let me see...who's left alive.

Hardly anyone who was a "Main Character" is left alive..and this is only book 3 of the series.

If your definition of a "Fantasy Novel" is "The good guys are indestructible", then I really feel sad for your future in reading.

You've consigned yourself to a template so narrow it leaves out a lot or great material.

Incidentally, when I want to see "indestructible Good Guys" in Fantasy fiction I look to David Gemmel, not the childish bull:):):):) of Salvatore.

"But Drizzt is soo munchkin! Elminster is soo unstopable! Khelben is soo min/maxed!" get overyourself! If U dont like the realms, im sure greyhawk is still there waiting for U. If U dont like high-magic...Get the F--- outta my realms!

Use the word "you" would U? ;)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads