Forgotten Realms - forgotten no more?

Glyfair

Explorer
Bruce Cordell discusses the Forgotten Realms campaign setting he's been working on in this blog entry.

One tidbit:
Two, realms forgotten will be forgotten no more, and Ed Greenwood is personally behind that vision; who better? It is awesome.
Anyone steeped in Realmslore know what that might mean?

Sitara

Explorer
I can attempt to infer:

1)Relams that have been forgotten and lost will make a return. (ex: we alrady know Netheril is back and here to stay and make a major impact. Th eOrc Kingdom is back as wll.)

2)Other continenets than Faerun will be explored. I just bet you that one of them will contain the Dragonblooded warlords and Tiefling Warlocks waging constant war against each other. :)

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Sitara said:
I just bet you that one of them will contain the Dragonblooded warlords and Tiefling Warlocks waging constant war against each other. :)

If it does I'll have to check it out just to see whether or not they ripped off the key themes from my homebrew's Eternal War. Especially given that I posted a description on these boards during 2005 when they say they started designing 4e.

Seravin

Explorer
I believe I saw someone posit a month or so ago that there were two realms. The current one, Toril, and the one the elves fled from, Abeir.

Ironic, this retconning. Wasn't the "Forgotten Realms" title derived originally from the Realms being forgotten by modern Earth -- the Realms having once been liked by portals to our own world?

Mark Hope

Adventurer
Olgar Shiverstone said:
Ironic, this retconning. Wasn't the "Forgotten Realms" title derived originally from the Realms being forgotten by modern Earth -- the Realms having once been liked by portals to our own world?
Yeah, that was the story back in the day. Not sure if this tidbit is referring to that, though. But that's what it made me think of.

Uzzy

First Post
It's probably something to do with the return of Abier to Toril, which was mentioned in Bruce Cordell's Stardeep book. Abier is full of Aberrations, mainly Aboleths.

glass

(he, him)
Mark Hope said:
Yeah, that was the story back in the day.
Yep, that was the original meaning, but it was de-emphasised for fear of lawsuits from parents of kids who got injured searching for portals...

glass.

Remove ads