D&D 5E Forgotten Realms is being BETRAYED by Wizards

Since it is not directed at a specific user, and specifically me :), I think this thread is fine.

But I curious, apparently there are a lot of folks that don't like Chris Perkins out there. I only know his DnD 5e stuff because I was away from the hoppy for a long time, but I've become a fan. I like Curse of Straud and Storm Kings Thunder and I like his various DnD gameplay videos.

So, can someone direct me to threads where people are hating on him. Just curious what their beef is. I can see "meh, not my style" or "hate his stupid baseball cap," but otherwise seems like a hard guy to dislike.

The only one who comes to mind for disliking him is Corpsetaker.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
...But I curious, apparently there are a lot of folks that don't like Chris Perkins out there. I only know his DnD 5e stuff because I was away from the hoppy for a long time, but I've become a fan. I like Curse of Straud and Storm Kings Thunder and I like his various DnD gameplay videos....

He's been around the block, involved with D&D for quite a while. Most everything he has done has had good story and role-playing potential.
This is my opinion of course. I was glad to see him take a more prominent role. Is he flawless, well nobody is.

I don't know that there are "lots".

But most likely, just as anything that becomes popular, the folks that don't like it become more vocal. So there are people who don't like his stuff (not liking "him" is odd, I doubt they know him well enough to decide that) and thats fair. And there are those who jump on the "anti" bandwagon whenever something becomes popular. Can't explain them.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Mistwell, please keep in mind this a message board - not a circle where you're supposed to just sit around with popcorn, watching the acrobats and lions and whatnot perform for you. Wait, circle isn't the word I was looking for. Was it circuit? No, not that either. Hm, it's at the tip of my tongue...

Mistwell, please keep in mind this a message board - not a circle where you're supposed to just sit around with popcorn, watching the acrobats and lions and whatnot perform for you. Wait, circle isn't the word I was looking for. Was it circuit? No, not that either. Hm, it's at the tip of my tongue...

Circus.

barrowwight

Explorer

Circumference??? Totally bet it is circumference!

ProgBard

First Post
And his specific reason is hating humor in a game, which is kind of Perkins forte.

Which, it hardly needs pointing out (tho obvs I'm gonna do it anyway) that that's a very strange hill to die on, considering that 1) in-jokes and puckish fourth-wall-breaking have been part of this game's traditions from the get-go; and 2) you can go on the YouTubes and watch hours and hours of Perkins actually running a game, quickly revealing that in comparison to an awful lot of tables he's kind of a model of sobriety and restraint.

But, yanno, OotA had the temerity to include a character named "Yuk-Yuk," so clearly my argument is invalid.

Remove ads