D&D 5E Forgotten Realms: No Campaign Something in the Catalog?

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
I agree. I think that's why we didn't get "Living Forgotten Realms" again or "Living Moonsea" to replace it. Instead we got the more generic "Adventurers League". My guess is in 2016, when they roll out Eberron at Gencon (guess), the Adventurers League will shift settings.

That is also my expectation. I absently wonder if there will be a story explanation for character movement between settings.

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
That is also my expectation. I absently wonder if there will be a story explanation for character movement between settings.

Now building upon the hypothetical we've constructed they could

• Build to a conclusion, and start everyone with new characters
  • Allow people to trade in levels and certs to additional levels/items of a new character.
  • Handwave it all.
  • At the big Epic event that ends the Forgotten Realms arc, have all of the characters there pulled into a wormhole/magical vortex.
  • Let people choose from some of the options above.

Thaumaturge.

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
Now building upon the hypothetical we've constructed they could

• Build to a conclusion, and start everyone with new characters
  • Allow people to trade in levels and certs to additional levels/items of a new character.
  • Handwave it all.
  • At the big Epic event that ends the Forgotten Realms arc, have all of the characters there pulled into a wormhole/magical vortex.
  • Let people choose from some of the options above.

I'm expecting #3 and hoping for #4, I guess. :)

Talath

Explorer
We didn't get a 3e Forgotten Realms setting till June 2001. So be patient, WotC doesn't have unlimited resources. It takes time. I'm sure once the three core are finished they will devote their resources to the realms.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Clearly the smaller head count has had a major impact on WotC's ability to produce content. I mean, they had to farm out the first two adventures to another company - a wise move anyway after such disasters as Keep on the Shadowfell and Pyramid of :):):):) - and now know there is a staggered release schedule for the three core books because Mike Mearls said (and I paraphrase) that getting the three books out at the same time for 4E contributed to the size of the subsequent errata.

(Now the cancellation of the DDi magazines makes sense.)

I suppose we will see something next year.

(snip) As an aside—every time I type "Eberron", I open another window and google it just to make sure I got the right number of "b"s and "r"s.

It surprises me how many actual Eberron fans cannot be bothered to do the same thing. Personally, I think if you cannot spell the name of the world, you're not allowed to claim to be a fan of the world.... ;)

gyor

Legend
I just realized that the Tyranny of Tiamat adventures are set in the Sword Coast because the Sword Coast is not one of the regions that will be greatly changed by the sundering, so playing in that section is not likely to require campaign setting guide, just a basic regional map.

Also from an interview Ed Greenwood did recently I think he maybe working on or contributing to the new campaign guide. I suspect that its being held back because of the staggered release of the core. The Tyranny of Tiamat adventures were outsourced. Plus the Herald was just released.

Plageman

Explorer
BTW in the eScapist art interview the team said that: "In the new core books, we made every effort to represent a myriad of diverse cultures, costumes, and skin tones found in the Forgotten Realms."

So my bet is that the 5e core books will be FR centric.

Remove ads