D&D 5E Forgotten Realms Prep

Faraer

Explorer
1987: original published Realms geography, based on Ed Greenwood's hand-drawn maps, unchanged until 2001
[PF][/PF]
2001: geography distorted to fit more land area on third-edition Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting poster map, though distortion is less in central Faerûn; maps with Dragon #287–290 are blown up from that map

2008: geography changed in post-Spellplague Realms

2015?: fifth-edition maps to be based on scanned and vectorized 1987 maps (mentioned in the What is the Sundering? panel at Gen Con 2012)

Last edited:

Lhorgrim

Explorer
1987: original published Realms geography, based on Ed Greenwood's hand-drawn maps, unchanged until 2001
[PF][/PF]
2001: geography distorted to fit more land area on third-edition Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting poster map, though distortion is less in central Faerûn; maps with Dragon #287–290 are blown up from that map

2008: geography changed in post-Spellplague Realms

2015?: fifth-edition maps to be based on scanned and vectorized 1987 maps (mentioned in the What is the Sundering? panel at Gen Con 2012)

I would be thrilled if they stick with the plan to re-use the original map. Thanks for the link. I had an Amazon credit and just downloaded the first book in the series based on the information from that panel. Maybe the novels will get me in the right frame of mind to campaign in the Realms again.

Remove ads