• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forgotten Realms print rpg products in 2011?

Zaphling

First Post
Hmmm. I reckon it will be. I guess they really need to make a striker spellsword.
But why did Wotc never used Spellsword as a class? They had to change it to Swordmage?

I really want to play a heavy armored Spellsword as a class, not a PP. Although this can be achievable through Hybriding. The feeling is just not there. You get me? I want to be called Spellsword and not Fighter/Wizard.

Herschel

Adventurer
I hope not. The Swordmage is already the coolest kid in class and fairy elves need to stay off their toes. ;) I rocked the Paragon Specs at Gen Con with one. ;)

I could also have seen it as an Eladrin Swordmage Paragon Path, but as a full class I'm curious to see what they'll do. Hopefully not another striker though. I could see it as an arcane leader actually, or a close-range controller. As a striker it would likely resemble a whirling barbarian or a two-blade ranger mechanically with a single weapon slot and lots of attack, shift, attack powers.

I'm guessing the bladesinger will be a striker/controller (emphasizing the striker part), probably as a subclass of the swordmage.

I'd like to see a playtest article in Dragon for the Bladesinger.

scylis

First Post
I always thought the Swordmage was the Bladesinger, since, you know, it came out in the FRPG. The 4E version of it, at least.

Oh well.

Nifelhein

First Post
I am all in for the Neverwinter book, I don't really care for FR but I like new classes and I am betting myself on the Bladesinger being:

Bladesinger
Role: Striker, depending on your choice of powers you have either controller or leader as a secondary role.
Ability Scores: Dexterity is your primary ability score but both Charisma and Intelligence can benefit your powers.

Basically Charisma would lie within the leadership powers and intelligence on the controllerish. I am focusing on Dex to adhere to the idea that a bladesinger is an example of grace in both magic and sword.

Bladesinger
Role: Striker, depending on your choice of powers you have either controller or leader as a secondary role.
Ability Scores: Dexterity is your primary ability score but both Charisma and Intelligence can benefit your powers.

Basically Charisma would lie within the leadership powers and intelligence on the controllerish. I am focusing on Dex to adhere to the idea that a bladesinger is an example of grace in both magic and sword.

I agree but see it a little diffrent (and made my own home brew ideas based on it)

Bladesinger
Role: Striker, with a secondary in leader
Ability Scores: Dexterity is your primary ability score but both Charisma and Constitution can benefit your powers.

there daily powers are like the barbrian rages, but instead are called Dances. All dance give a shift X, and attack for Yw damage, but then give a bonus to all alies within Z of the character, and started you in an encounter leangth dance... where X and Z almost always matched each other (so the shift is the dancing radius). I also based some of there enconter powers on the monk mobility themes...

I also made all of there at wills resembe fighter and rouge at wills...

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I am all in for the Neverwinter book, I don't really care for FR but I like new classes and I am betting myself on the Bladesinger being:

Bladesinger

I would play that class.
win.gif
I played a swordmage and it wasn't what I wanted: a Dex-based fighter.

Derulbaskul said:
I just wish that every time there was a piece of FR news or even a FR topic that the haters wouldn't come back and tell us all over again why they hate FR so much.
Amen to this. In fact, this would be well applied to all threads: if all you can write is "I don't like this (and here's why)" please don't post. Go somewhere else.
2hand.gif

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads