• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forked Thread: Ryan Dancey - D&D in a Death Spiral (Keep it Real)

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
But interestingly, none of them were on the core design team of 4E. That was Andy Collins, Rob Heinsoo, and James Wyatt, none of whom have that TSR history.

They were all heavily involved even though their names don't appear on the covers and we don't want to see any one person's contributions marginalized. :)

jensun

First Post
They were all heavily involved even though their names don't appear on the covers and we don't want to see anyone persons contributions marginalized. :)

With apologies for the tangent but Scott given that we have you here could I ask that you get someone to feed the Wizards website server hamsters.

The recent controversy seems to be hammering your website making it rather difficult to access the DDI content which is a bit frustrating.

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
With apologies for the tangent but Scott given that we have you here could I ask that you get someone to feed the Wizards website server hamsters.

The recent controversy seems to be hammering your website making it rather difficult to access the DDI content which is a bit frustrating.

I'll go put some Red Bull in Sparky and Peanut's water bottles and spray a little WD-40 on their wheels. ;)

Sorry it's slow it should get back to more normal levels soon.

Adso

First Post
?

Does WotC still collect such information and, if so, how much has it changed in comparison to the information from 200?

Sorry, it seemed like a bit of a non sequitur give the subject. As a humble developer, I have opinions on these things, but I don't have enough knowledge of the facts and figures to speak intelligently on the subject here on EN World.

Sorry. :eek:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Sorry, it seemed like a bit of a non sequitur give the subject. As a humble developer, I have opinions on these things, but I don't have enough knowledge of the facts and figures to speak intelligently on the subject here on EN World.

Sorry. :eek:

Thanks. Well, since Scott has stopped in, maybe he could take a stab at it. This stuff comes up regularly in conjunction with Dancey conversations and I am wondering about more recent data or general comments about how this data still stacks up in today's market understanding.

I think Modrons are a part of D&D tradiction, so when are we going to see them on 4E? ;)
Hmm... maybe I better get a query out there. I never got to finish them for 3.5, maybe if I start early 4e can cover them all. ;)

All self-promotion aside, thanks for stopping by, Stephen! I agree with your point exactly. Changing traditional aspects of the games does not equate having no respect for them. I may dislike some of the flavor changes with 4e, but even I realize there's a huge difference between "making changes" and "having no respect". (Not to mention this incorrect info on staff.)

How much has information like this changed to date since 2000?

RPGnet News
Holy uber-quote, Batman!! I think that's the longest quote I've ever seen on EN World.

Last edited:

Remove ads