Formatting Weirdness

Richards

Legend
What do you see if you don't use the dark forum skin?
No change:
1606312345444.png

Johnathan

Attachments

• 1606312228336.png
    1606312228336.png
    236 KB · Views: 156

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
No change:

Oh, well, it was worth a shot. I am presuming you are on an updated version of a major browser, and all that?

The thing is that nobody else seems to have this experience. I look at your post, and the formatting is fine. There's no BB code buried in the post either. So I don't know what to tell you.

Oh, other than the ususal "clear you browser cache and cookies, close and restart the browser".

Richards

Legend
I'm using Google Chrome. This is a new computer, though, purchased about three weeks or so ago. So maybe there's some difference between my current computer and the decade-old model I used to have (and which I used to write up my previous posts which I'm now seeing doing weird stuff).

Not being a computer guy, I'm just going to have to shrug and chock this up to "computer magic." Thanks for the assist, though, guys - I appreciate the attempts at helping me figure this out.

Johnathan

Drazen

Demon Prince
I'm using Google Chrome. This is a new computer, though, purchased about three weeks or so ago. So maybe there's some difference between my current computer and the decade-old model I used to have (and which I used to write up my previous posts which I'm now seeing doing weird stuff).

Not being a computer guy, I'm just going to have to shrug and chock this up to "computer magic." Thanks for the assist, though, guys - I appreciate the attempts at helping me figure this out.

Johnathan
Always happy to help someone who says that unicorn of a phrase "Thank You"

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I normally use Firefox, so I tried Chrome and I do see the same line break when I have Chrome set to about 80% of the screen width or more. If I resize it down below that width, the text adjusts and the extra line break goes away. So it looks like a Chrome issue.

Richards

Legend
Ah, thank you! I appreciate it - even if I still have no understanding as to why it's doing what it's doing.

Incidentally, and quite ironically, you italicized the word "do" in your post above, and that's the last word on that line I'm seeing in your post; the next line starts off with "see the same line break..." - so at least I have dual phenomenology in that I'm seeing somebody else's posts do the same weird stuff mine seem to have been doing.

Johnathan

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I also see the line break (including after my "do") using Chromium Edge, which makes sense as it is based on the Chrome engine.

CapnZapp

Legend
Can confirm: line break is there in Chrome, not in Firefox.

Depending on me making the window wider or thinner, the line break can appear after bless as well (another italicized phrase).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases