• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Former WOTC President Cynthia Williams lands CEO role at Funko!

Apparently Williams upon leaving WotC: “I’m outta here, you under-monetized losers! I’m going somewhere with so much plastic and so much profit margin, you could fill a landfill the size of Kansas with our products!”
Funko isn't doing so great financially. You wouldn't be able to tell with all the product that is coming out (and even a videogame on the horizon). Good luck to her.

Stormonu

Legend
Apparently Williams upon leaving WotC: “I’m outta here, you under-monetized losers! I’m going somewhere with so much plastic and so much profit margin, you could fill a landfill the size of Kansas with our products!”
Wouldn't she have gone to Wizkids in that place?

<Edit> oh, wait - you said profit margin. I guess it's to GW!

Meech17

Adventurer
Glad to see this story is done. I still don't see why "Cynthia is leaving WotC to pursue other opportunities" wasn't the byline to begin with.
I think that's the only reason it was as much of a story as it was. If the headlines were like you described no one would bat an eye at it.

Instead we just get an abrupt "Cynthia is stepping down. No further news" which leads for all of us to try and fill in the blanks. I think more than one person assumed it was just jumping ship to chase a bigger paycheck, like anyone would do, but that doesn't mean speculating isn't fun.

Remove ads