WotC Hasbro CEO is going to have a Fireside Chat With Investors Over WotC

Did they buy Larian?

Fraudian slip?

They don't own it now, but they maybe planning in buying it?

They would likely be a far more expensive a purchase then D&D Beyond, but not only would that net them direct ownership of BG3, but also the Divinity setting/series which would have value to WotC in expanding it's IPs.

Scribe

Legend
Yup 30 years of gibs us money followed by F you lol lol lol.

I dont know, I think I probably need to stop looking at it. As I've noted elsewhere, its not a healthy thing for me and this whole stock price/30th debacle has dragged me back in.

I wish they had not jumped the shark, but it is what it is.

Zardnaar

Legend
I dont know, I think I probably need to stop looking at it. As I've noted elsewhere, its not a healthy thing for me and this whole stock price/30th debacle has dragged me back in.

I wish they had not jumped the shark, but it is what it is.

Well if you're not playing does it matter that much?
Curiousity for me as ex player.

Art Waring

halozix.com
Mtg aside, I am also concerned about their mentioning hobby stores. I didn't get to see the video, but did anyone hear anything mentioned about wotc wanting to open their own hobby stores again?

If the answer is yes then this is worse news than the rest for store owners, because wotc formerly had a string of hobby stores, and countless FLGS' closed as a result (you can't really compete with wizards). This could have a huge negative impact on store owners.

Hopefully this is not the case.

darjr

I crit!
Mtg aside, I am also concerned about their mentioning hobby stores. I didn't get to see the video, but did anyone hear anything mentioned about wotc wanting to open their own hobby stores again?

If the answer is yes then this is worse news than the rest for store owners, because wotc formerly had a string of hobby stores, and countless FLGS' closed as a result (you can't really compete with wizards). This could have a huge negative impact on store owners.

No, they did not.

….

No mention of opening physical locations again.

Remove ads