Forum Suddenly Switched How Named Are Displayed?

Kobold Boots

Banned
Banned
Well it's not an issue of doing anything wrong, but I think most people like to know who is in charge whenever they join an organization or work for a company.

The name of the owner is in the upper left corner of the site. Whomever does work for him by proxy is self-evident when you do something wrong.

Joining an org or working for a company is not what's happening when you post on a website so the comparative argument you pose is not relevant.

It is a demonstrable point in the UX field that initial negative feedback is not as helpful as you might think. In the short term, humans typically react negatively to change they don't themselves initiate.

The real question will be how folks feel about it in a few weeks or so, after the shock of unannounced change wears off.

That happened months ago. It's gratifying that haven't noticed it until today.

I'm having trouble reconciling these two posts. It would seem that we are supposed to wait a few weeks before posting any complaints to make sure they are legitimate and not just a hostile reaction to change, but also that if we wait to long to say we don't like something it is disregarded as not being important because it wasn't brought up soon enough.

MPA2000

Explorer
The name of the owner is in the upper left corner of the site. Whomever does work for him by proxy is self-evident when you do something wrong.

Joining an org or working for a company is not what's happening when you post on a website so the comparative argument you pose is not relevant.

Well from from your last two comments, you and I no longer need converse.

Kobold Boots

Banned
Banned
I'm having trouble reconciling these two posts. It would seem that we are supposed to wait a few weeks before posting any complaints to make sure they are legitimate and not just a hostile reaction to change, but also that if we wait to long to say we don't like something it is disregarded as not being important because it wasn't brought up soon enough.

As with anything, it depends on the circumstances surrounding the problem, what the complaint is, and often how the complaint is presented. If you look at a complaint "process" then the point about reconciliation makes sense, but processes don't live in a vacuum. They only get invoked with appropriate details.

Once you have the specifics of what the posts were directly referring to, they make perfect sense and they're not meant to be reconciled with each other.

Be well
KB

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm having trouble reconciling these two posts.

That's because they are talking about different things.

It would seem that we are supposed to wait a few weeks before posting any complaints

I said nothing about, "supposed to wait". You can post about it whenever you want.

I'm talking about a major change, that pretty much everyone was sure to notice, and that initial reaction might be biased to the negative for reasons that don't have to deal with the details or content of the of the change. If we get a rush of negative feedback right at the get-go we might want to wait to see if it is still a problem a while afterwards.

Morrus is talking about a change that, as far as we can tell, wasn't even noted for several months. It wasn't a problem at the time, and like only one person finds it a problem now. That's pretty much a non-issue.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
That happened months ago. It's gratifying that haven't noticed it until today.

For what it's worth, I noticed it at the time it changed, and it's definitely irritating, but not to the point that I'd come here to complain about it, especially if it helps pages load significantly faster.

I'll add my discontent to the thread/name/level/badges changes, however. The rest I could probably get used to... losing the badges stings a little

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases