Foundation (Asimov) on AppleTV+ Trailer - Are You In or Out?

Are you excited for Foundation?

• 1. YES YES YES YES YES YES!

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • 2. No.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • 3. I have never heard of the series.

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • 4. I can't tell you. I'm too busy watching superhero shows. Is this a superhero show?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. What is AppleTV+?

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Poll closed .

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Maybe the best thing on TV right now.

For All Mankind is good.
The Morning Show is good.
I've heard good things about Mythic Quest.
Oh yes, Mythic Quest is excellent! Anybody who liked Silicon Valley will like that.

I haven't tried For All Mankind yet.

Definitely interested in this. I got 1 and a half year free Apple TV+ subscription that I let run out, but when Foundation comes out or latest when the new For All Mankind season begins I will probably resubscribe.

Judging by the trailer and the responses to the trailer, a lot of fans will probably hate it due to the "liberties" it will take with the contents of the novel, but as other pointed out - the original writing doesn't really hold up that well. Some changes could be good. It's a different medium and a different age.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I'm hoping they take liberties, for sure. Just better than GoT the last two years.....(admittedly, there was some great stuff there).

Mallus

Legend
Jared Harris + the Pieman from Pushing Daisies + a budget equal to the GDP of a small, developing nation. I’m in!

Also, if you subscribe to Apple TV+ check out For All Mankind. I think it’s the best thing on TV (or in the cloud, whatever…).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, thinking about it, Apple has Mythic Quest, Morning Show, For All Mankind, Ted Lasso, and now Foundation.

Compared to Netflix it's winning for me right now. Though when new Star Trek stuff comes out it'll be a strong contender.

Amazon has Clarkson's Farm. Can't think of anything else I've watched on it recently. LotR is next year?

Disney+ has had some must-see live action Star Wars and Marvel stuff, but I'm not into all the cartoons, and I'm not sure when there's a new live action thing.

Remove ads