Foundation (Asimov) on AppleTV+ Trailer - Are You In or Out?

Are you excited for Foundation?

• 1. YES YES YES YES YES YES!

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • 2. No.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • 3. I have never heard of the series.

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • 4. I can't tell you. I'm too busy watching superhero shows. Is this a superhero show?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. What is AppleTV+?

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Poll closed .

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
...and thats fine, but I still haven't seen any new star trek on Paramount+, or caught up on some hulu things I want to see. Too many subs too little time.
Yeah it’s a bit different for us. Trek is on Netflix, and I don’t know what content originated on Hulu over there but if it’s available here it will be on one of the existing big ones.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Their streaming service. $5/month. You can usually get a year free when you buy an Apple gizmo.

Yeah, it was a really really strange choice to call their streaming service AppleTV+ (IMO). Especially because the app is called (IIRC) AppleTV. And so is the hardware. So I think it is really really common (as we've already seen here!) for people to think that you have AppleTV (the hardware) to have the streaming service.

It would be like if they never had Apple Music or iTunes, and announced that they had a new music service .... iPhone+.

Given that there is a significant number of people that just don't like Apple (walled garden, hate fruit, whatever), but might want to watch the cool shows, it seems like a strange decision.

Then again, who am I to speak? It's not like I'm running the most profitable company in the world. ....yet.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Yeah it’s a bit different for us. Trek is on Netflix, and I don’t know what content originated on Hulu over there but if it’s available here it will be on one of the existing big ones.
The only thing on Hulu for me really is season 3 of Fargo, Archer, and maybe Mr. Inbetween. I could probably get caught up during a free trial. The trek stuff though might have enough content on paramount+ to need a month or two. Thats all moot tho NFL football is about to launch a new season so I wont be watching much of anything else.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Thats all moot tho NFL football is about to launch a new season so I wont be watching much of anything else.

brady.gif

So I think it is really really common (as we've already seen here!) for people to think that you have AppleTV (the hardware) to have the streaming service.

As a side point here (only defending myself a little bit :p ) AppleTV has not made any universally available app for Android or Windows. They have only released device specific support. They've done a good job expanding the list in the last few months, but they started with just Apple, Roku, and Amazon Fire. I still can't access it on my phone, and can only use on it on my computer via a browser interface. The "walled garden" is a bigger garden, but it's still got walls.

That being said, HBO was one of the original "walled garden" companies as a premium cable channel, and they have some of the most watched TV series ever. So there's no reason to think this will stop them from being successful. What are the odds we'll see hotels advertising "Free AppleTV+" the way you used to see "Free HBO" on signs?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases