Foundation Series (Apple+)

MarkB

Legend
Well, I expect Hari the Hologram will explain it all in the next episode. Although it might be interesting if there is a discrepancy between what the recording says just happened, and what actually happened.
That's assuming that he's still a pre-programmed recording, as he was in the novels. He could just as easily be another Seldon AI, who's been observing all along and can change his narrative to accommodate current events.

MarkB

Legend
Well, they did manage to bring a lot of threads together in the finale, which was pretty impressive.

Still suffers from not being able to really invest in any of the characters. The ones I want to care about - Salvor and the Foundation - are still the least interesting, while the most compelling characters - the incarnations of Empire - are part of the story arc that I'm not particularly interested in.

I think I'll be quitting my Apple TV subscription at this point. Ted Lasso was fun and this has, at least, been interesting, but there's nothing else there I'd stick around for.

I felt it outdid Return of the King for not knowing where to stop...

I wish they had left Salvor in the past being mayor like the book, so we could have a more interesting character in series two.

I've "suspended" my Apple+ sub for the time being. Their content is really very limited.

Recently finished the series and was very underwhelmed and disappointed.

I feel that an episodic emphasis - where different characters move through the world - would have worked better, rather than trying to string out the notion of protagonist - which kind of runs counter to the whole point of the Foundation, which is about psychohistory and the longue durée.

And romance? Silly, trivial stuff.

Lee Pace is awesome as Cleon, though. His effortless majesty is something to behold. If he hadn't been in it, I probably would have dropped it after episode 3.

Zardnaar

Legend
Recently finished the series and was very underwhelmed and disappointed.

I feel that an episodic emphasis - where different characters move through the world - would have worked better, rather than trying to string out the notion of protagonist - which kind of runs counter to the whole point of the Foundation, which is about psychohistory and the longue durée.

And romance? Silly, trivial stuff.

Lee Pace is awesome as Cleon, though. His effortless majesty is something to behold. If he hadn't been in it, I probably would have dropped it after episode 3.

He pretty much carried the series along with the lady robot whose name I forget.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases