• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Founding of a Guild (4e)

SarahRequiem

First Post
Meriadeth turns her attention toward the archers and aims her handcrossbow at the one nearest to her and sends a glowing force bolt dashing toward the creature. She then dashes out of the open and hides behind the carriage, on L7.

as She walks by Oak, she drops a glowing mist of healing arcana around oak.

Restorative formula: 1d6=6 healing surge +6 hp.

Aggravating Force: 1d20+5=13, 1d6+5=7 vs AC

Atanatotatos

First Post
Elias is rejuvenated by the Dragonborn's holy powers. He then moves almost all the way to the hill and takes a defensive stance.

Meriadeth turns her attention toward the archers and aims her handcrossbow at the one nearest to her and sends a glowing force bolt dashing toward the creature. She then dashes out of the open and hides behind the carriage.

as She walks by Oak, she drops a glowing mist of healing arcana around oak.

The archers look desperate. They hesitate for an instant, then change target again, witnessing the power of the dragonborn both shoot at him. Both arrows hit the chest of the warrior, causing a great deal of pain. (20 dmg

H3
H2 <narrative ends here
Isdar <current initiative
Oak ( 3 dmg, +2 defenses)
Blizzard (injured 10 dmg)
Desh (injured 10)
Elias (injured 6)
Meriadeth <narrative starts here

MAP: View attachment 35699

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Oak advances towards the closest hobgoblin, sizing the archer up as Oak goes, and then, with a surprising surge, Oak tears into the hobgoblin with both swords.

[sblock=OOC]
Move action - Move to K14
Move action - Move to L17
Minor action - apply Hunter's Quarry to Hobgoblin 2

Action Point!
Standard Action - Daily exploit - Jaws of the Wolf
Jaws of the Wolf: two attacks vs one target, +7 vs AC, 2d8 + 4 longsword damage

Elias's tactical presence gives a +2 to Oak's attack rolls and +4 to damage rolls.

Jaws of the Wolf:

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1662175/

1d20+2+7;2d8+4+4 → [12,2,7] = (21)
1d20+2+7;2d8+4+4 → [3,6,4,4] = (17)
1d20+2+7;2d8+4+4 → [8,2,7] = (17)
1d20+2+7;2d8+4+4 → [8,6,4,4] = (22)

...and, if necessary, the Hunter's Quarry (d8 due to Lethal Hunter):
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1662177/
1d8 → [8] = (8)

If both attacks hit (quit possible, given the 21 and 17 on the attack rolls), Oak does 47 damage to the Hobgoblin. And Jaws of the Wolf does half damage even on a miss, so don't forget that.

Thanks Elias! :D

Also, I didn't see that Oak was hit, so I think Oak should still have its 3 temp HP from Warforged Resolve. [/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
OOC: know that the first archer is dead.
Also, Oak was hit, then cured by Meriadeth...however it's nearly irrelevant at this point...

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
OOC: know that the first archer is dead.

[sblock=OOC]Spending an action point to use a daily with a tactical warlord in the group is fun. :D Very encouraging for me, also, as I've got a tiefling tactical warlord I'm going to be playing with my face-to-face group. ;)[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Isdar recovers his crossbow, loads it, and attempts to fire from the cover of the carriage.

[sblock=ooc] Move action to grab crossbow (since he's in the square he dropped it in), minor to load it and a standard to fire using sly flourish. -2 for range still gives a +3 total, 11 vs. AC, 7 damage(I forgot to add CHA bonus for Sly Flourish, so 10 damage). If he is still considered hidden, that goes to 13 vs. AC and adds SA (2d6) damage). [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads