Founding of a Guild (4e)

Atanatotatos

First Post
You have all received a letter from the "Fellows of the Path Unknown", reportedly a mercenary guild newly founded in the city of Nesiah. You've been offered a place in the guild, and invited to visit its headquarters. Looking for a job, or adventure, or fame, you decided to go and verify the worth of the offer.
You're now travelling on a carriage pulled by three horses, crossing a grassy plain you can see through the windows. It's late afternoon and you're still a few tens of miles from the city.
The space in the vehicle is a bit tight, and you're six. You've been riding for several hours today and you can't wait to arrive. The driver keeps saying it'll be soon, but at the 7th time, you no longer pay him much attention...

garyh

First Post
The dented old warforged that's been sitting motionless in the corner of the carriage for the entire journey, clad in scuffed hide armor and with two well-worn longsword hilts poking over his shoulders, sits up straight and looks around, a light growing in its eyes as it takes in its fellow traveler's for the first time since boarding.

"My name is Oak," the warforged says in a slow, deep voice. "I'm handy with a blade, at need, and know my way around a forest. What are you called, and what talents lead you to this path? I'll not ask where you come from or what your troubles might be - that's for each to share as they choose."

Is_907

First Post
Across the carriage diagonally from the warforged is a tiefling, shrouded in dingy brown leather. His silver eyes are glowing, taking in the scenes around him. Although he usually isn't the first to respond to a question, he is eager to befriend the warforged, eager to prove himself to be different––a worthy companion and valuable asset.
"Elias, my name is Elias. My talents are mostly useful on the battlefield, but I am also something of a diplomat when the situation calls for words instead of blades.
I sincerely hope we arrive soon... my tail is beginning to cramp."

Last edited:

SarahRequiem

First Post
Meriadeth had spent most of of her time during the travel staring at the warforged, studying it. After the warforged himself broke the ice and introduced himself, her eyes burst with excitment and a big smile appeared on her face. She cant hold herself no more and she begins to assault Oak with questions.

"Meriadeth: oh boy! you're really real? And you talk too? That's so awesome! I knew it! Whereare youfrom whyare you so beat up are you like really old or something you must be from really far away i mean 'cause I never saw one like you before do you mind if I ask you questions I hope you don't because I love to ask questions and you are so awesome can I touch you nevermind that thats a bit weird but seriously can I?"

garyh

First Post
Oak is silent for a moment, taking in the rapid questions of its fellow passenger before responding.

"You ask many questions, miss - you are a female, correct? I have trouble with that sometimes - many questions, most of which even I do not know the answers to. I've served in the Wardens for the last five years. Before that..." The warforged shrugs its shoulders and spread its hands. "As to your last question, however..." and with that, Oak extends its hand to the excitable young... woman?

He then adds, "Pleased to meet you, Elias. Though it is a gift I lack, words that spare blades are a worthy talent."

Last edited:

SarahRequiem

First Post
Meriadeth laughs shyly as she blushes, scratching her head.

"Oh, please forgive me about my manners. It's just that I've never seen one like you and I am myself an inventor. You simply facinate me so much!"

As Oak extands his large hand at her, she smiles and delicately puts her hand in his, gently sliding her fingers along his palm...

"Do you feel when I touch you?" she asks.

geogator

First Post
One scaly eyelid gently opens to reveal a milky covered blue eye. It looks at the impetuous young lady with a gentle intrigue. He lifts his staff off his shoulder and uses the crook in it to shift the thick white strands of hair from the front of his face.

" I once traveled with a courageous warforged in the service of Bahumat. His casing was formed from mithril. His name was Phalanx, at least that is the name his military commanders gave him. He was quite larger than our friend Oak here. I would say at least half again as tall if not twice and again that wide. We made the arduous journey to a sage by the name of Corsian. Phalanx was in search of his heritage as well. Corsian took great care to research such things and sumized that Phalanx was created using great magics now lost to our world. I guess I always assumed that the magics that gave breath to living steel would give it all the trappings of feeling. I know that Phalanx had a grand affection for small children and a good clean heart in service of his God. I never thought to ask him though."

The venerable dragonborn sits up slightly the old wrinkles of leathery azure flesh and dull aqua and azure scales stretch as he lifts his tired arms over his head, stretching from his nap. A great yawn cracks and pops his jaw then he smiles at the group. He reaches under his portion of the bench and pulls out a small box with ventilated holes in it. He opens it and slips a bit of food into the box. He smiles again.

"I have been quite rude. I am Blizzard! The Wizard!" With a flurish and fan fair he prestidigitates a burst of snow to fall around the carriage. Then he pulls out a small box turtle from its home. "And this is my traveling companion Spike. Like me, he takes everything he needs with him on his back." He winks at the other passengers.

Redclaw

First Post
The young human quietly takes in the others' names and revelations. Knowledge of any sort, after all, is worth more than gold.

When there seems to be an opening, he speaks up. I am Isdar, finder of lost trifles and seeker of lost knowledge. I excel at getting into challenging places, and have some skill with a crossbow. He pauses and smiles at Meriadeth, It is good to see you again, milady artificer. It will be a pleasure to work by your side.

SarahRequiem

First Post
Meriadeth turns toward Isdar and smiles.

"Isdar? Oh my, I didnt recognize you! It must have been a year for sure. How is your father?"

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
"Blizzard is correct," Oak says. "Whatever made us warforged, we have all the senses you flesh and blood creatures do."

"I suppose," Oak adds, "except for one advantage. We don't get cramped." The scuffed old warforged inclines its head towards its tailed traveling companion.

Remove ads