• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Founding of a Guild (4e)

Is_907

First Post
Elias sighs with contempt at his muscles.
Hah! I see you do have a sense of humour. A valuable asset, if we are to work together!

Redclaw

First Post
Aye, that's about right, Isdar replies. And it's been quite a year. My father is well, although he still wastes his time with books and stories, rather than seeking knowledge at its source.

SarahRequiem

First Post
"Still as curious as ever, I see. While I love a good old dusty basement filled with books and old tomes, I have to agree that digging out what we're not supposed to know really excite me. That's why we're here, right?"

Meriadeth looks out the window and sighs.

"I just wish we'd actually get there. Maybe I should build a horse that could pull a cart faster than 10 of those... hm... yes, that would be amazing!" Muses Meriadeth, lost in her thoughs...

Is_907

First Post
Elias, always curious, queries anyone who can hear him over the wheels of the wagon: "So, have any of us actually met the person, or people, who sent those letters? Or, are we all simply 'along for the ride,' so to speak?"

garyh

First Post
"Along for the ride," Oak replies, "at least as far as I'm concerned. Still, it seemed like an interesting opportunity."

geogator

First Post
Blizzard shifts his weight and makes himself more comfortable. " I did not get to meet anyone. As it were, the parchment was received by courier, he was a fine upstanding lad from Exxes if my memory serves me correctly. I spoke with him at length about all manner of things. He had great plans to erect a courier service that could ferry letters farther and faster than any other. He was quite secretive about the details of that plan though. But, I digress. It was my opinion that the letter was on the up and up, and I would travel here to investigate its worth. I made no open commitment but, I am obligated by my curiosity to partake in these negotiations and see where the road leads."

Is_907

First Post
Listening interestedly, Elias nods to Blizzard. "My experience was nearly identical to yours––save the digression into business plans, hah! I am, truth be told, quite excited about this. I hope my excitement is not misplaced in this Guild."

Lobo Lurker

First Post
A large dragonborn clad in heavy metal plates [sitting on the left] listens intently to the conversation, meeting every invitation to join the conversation with a toothy grin. As the conversation turns toward the nature of warforged and the so-called Fellows of the Path-Unknown he pipes up, bass voice rumbling from deep in his armor.

"...met a few of you warforged myself; seems like you've all got a natural talent for fighting and military discipline. Given that this is a mercenary gig, we're as like as not to find use for your swords." he grins and jangles a massive flail that hangs from his hip.

"I can use a blade myself, but I much prefer this old thing. Tends to give me a bit of breathing room in a fight."

He takes off his helmet, revealing almost black scales and eyes the color molten gold, and loudly cracks his neck. "Heavy..." he gestures to the azure dragonborn. "Old Blizzard and I were just about at our wits end when we got the invitation... well, I was at least. Only Avandra knows what they REALLY want with us but I, for one, can't wait to find out."

"Oh!" he salutes as smartly as he can given the cramped surroundings. "...former Sextus Optio, Desh, of the 4th Pardasan Legion, at your service."

Atanatotatos

First Post
Desh is still speaking when an arrow enters the wood of the carriage right next to Meriadeth's head. Before she can even react, the vehicle suddenly loses speed, then the wheels hit something and the world starts spinning around you. As soon as you realize the carriage's on its flank and you're piled one upon one other, you start to get out of the door in the open. Some of you notice your driver fleeing with his three horses, othersthe cut ropes on the front of the carriage. More importantly, all of you notice you're in danger and surrounded. You see five charging orcs on one side, a mounted armored hobgobling riding towards you on the other, and, as you see the driver fall from the saddle, hit by an arrow, you realize there are two hobgoblin archers on higher position aiming at you from the side.

Both the archer on the base of the hill shoot their arrows before you can react. The first aims at Desh, but misses him. The second one tries to adjust his aim based on the shot of his comrade, but his arrow can't penetrate the armor on the dragonborn's shoulders
Then, one of the orcs in front of you charges roaring while swinging an heavi club, also going for the largest of the group: but the sturdy warrior easily dodges his attack.

Initiative:

Pcs
bad guys

H3 <narration starts here
H2
O4 <narration ends here
Iandain <current initiative
Oak
O6
Blizzard
H1
Elias