• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Founding of a Guild (4e)

Atanatotatos

First Post
"What's going on?!" Yells Meriadeth, frightened by the sudden turns of events. She looks around and see that all her friends are fighting off the orcs already.

"Courage Merry... pull yourself togheter" She says to herself

She quickly writes down a glowing glyph in the air with her finger and Elias's armor resonates with arcane energy. The power then explodes with a thunderblast blowing the Orc next to him away!

The lone Orc near Oak engages him, but cannot penetrate the defense of the warforged's swords.

The two archers fire again at Desh, but only the first one hits him. (13 dmg)

H3
H2 <narrative ends here
O4 DEAD
Isdar <current initiative
Oak
O6 (injured 26, bloodied)
Blizzard
H1 (injured 8
Elias (+1 ac)
Desh (injured 13)
O5
Meriadeth
O3 DEAD
O2 DEAD
O1 <narrative starts here

MAP: View attachment 35596

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Seeing his chance for an easy flank disappear with a thunderous blast, Isdar decides to finish the orc off from a distance, firing his crossbow once more then stepping back behind the more heavily armored warlord.

[sblock=ooc] minor action to load crossbow, sly flourish vs O6 (1d20+5)=8, (1d6+3+3)=10 That'll miss. Oh well.
Then move action to move back to L7 [/sblock]

garyh

First Post
Oak swings its two blades at the orc before it, and then moves to aid his allies. (Assuming the orc falls. If not, Oak remains were it is to try again next round).

[sblock=OOC]
Standard Action - Twin Strike vs Orc 1,
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1656380/
1d20+7;1d8 → [15,7] = (22)
1d20+7;1d8 → [1] = (1)
1d20+7;1d8 → [9,7] = (16)
1d20+7;1d8 → [8] = (8)
Move Action - If Orc 1 dies, Oak moves to J8[/sblock]

geogator

First Post
The old lizard cocks his head to the side and his mess of white hair sticks out over the top of the carriage. "I think you misunderstood me! I said CHILL!" With that he rolls a ball of ice in his hand and throws it at the ground near the horse and rider. Once it hits the ground the explodes covering the ground in thick ice quickly.

(
[FONT=&quot]Icy Terrain: Burst 1 within 10 Squares, +4 vs. Ref., 1d6+5 Cold target is knocked prone Centered on P5, H1 22, Horse 19, O6 14 - H1 6, Horse 6, O6 8 Damage
Provided O6 is still in his square otherwise he is unaffected :) )

[/FONT]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Seeing his chance for an easy flank disappear with a thunderous blast, Isdar decides to finish the orc off from a distance, firing his crossbow once more then stepping back behind the more heavily armored warlord, but the dart doesn't find its target.

Oak swings its two blades at the orc before it, and then moves to aid his allies. As the third orc falls under the swords of the warforged, the one near Desh swings madly at him, but his anger itself obscures his aim and the axe doesn't reach Oak.

The old lizard cocks his head to the side and his mess of white hair sticks out over the top of the carriage. "I think you misunderstood me! I said CHILL!" With that he rolls a ball of ice in his hand and throws it at the ground near the horse and rider. Once it hits the ground the explodes covering the ground in thick ice quickly.

The hobgoblin swears profusely as his horse slips and the orc near him falls to the ground. With a swift reaction however, he can prevent the horse
from falling, and he angrily rides aside and then charges at Isdar, hitting him in the head and leaving him dizzy and confuesd (13 dmg. Isdar is bloodied,slowed and marked.) and then retreats again, drinking a potion in the meanwhile.

H3
H2
O4 DEAD
Isdar <narration starts here (bloodied, slowed, marked)
Oak
O6 (injured 34, bloodied, prone)
Blizzard
H1 <narration ends here
Elias < current initiative (+1 ac)
Desh (injured 13)
O5
Meriadeth
O3 DEAD
O2 DEAD
O1 DEAD

MAP: View attachment 35609

Last edited:

Is_907

First Post
Now Elias is angry. This unprovoked attack is ridiculous, he thinks.
Seeing his ally wounded, he encourages him to keep going! "Take courage, my friend!"

Seeing the Orc near him bleed, Elias takes that opportunity to strike harder than he could before. He shifts back to stand next to Isdar, preparing for a running start. Elias charges at his bloody foe and swings his sword wildly at the Orc.

[sblock=OOC]
Minor action - Inspiring Word (1d6 + Healing Surge HP for Isdar. Extra HP for Inspiring Word on Isdar. (1d6=6))
Move action - shift
Standard - charge and basic attack (Charge attack against bloodied foe (+1, +1); longsword + Str mod damage. (1d20+8=11, 1d8+3=5))

Wish I could roll better on attacks =(
[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=Atanatotatos]How did the hobgoblin charge at Isdar? Wouldn't he need to go to the closest space he can to hit me, leaving him open for an OA by Elias?[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=redclaw]He's mounted. It's not a monster in the MM, I combined a hobgoblin soldier with a riding horse and tweaked it a bit. It doesn't trigger from the ones he attacks. He would have triggered from Elias, but since he could move through squares not adjacent to him, I made him do that.Don't worry, it's worth more than the sum of the two monsters in XP.[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=Atanatotatos] That's fine, I was just wondering as far as the charge goes how he managed to stay away from Elias. A charge usually requires that you move to the closest square you can attack the enemy from (full power right at him, not dancing around the side), which would put him in range of Elias. If he didn't charge, then there's no issue with him moving around and getting me from a different angle. [/sblock]

Remove ads