• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Four Color to Fantasy & Deeds Not Words 2 great games that go great together!

Dartnet X

First Post
I just got done reading Four Color to Fantasy and came to the conclusion that it works great with Deeds not Words. :D Just as long as the GM makes the players decide which rule set there super is based on.

Four Color to Fantasy:

More flexibility but less starting power.
Each level of the Hero Class counts as a Power for the Experience Tithe.

Deeds not Words:

More powerful but restrictive power packages.
Treat as normal.

:cool:

Ideas?

Dartnet X

Scott Lynch

First Post
Ideas? Sure! Send $10 each to Morrus and I, along with your car keys!

What? Real suggestions?

Hey, if the twin flavors of DNW and FC2F mix to form a heady super-brew, that's great! Maybe those print d20 supers games about to come out don't know who they're messing with!

Of course I'm semi-delusional, it's 9:11 in the morning...

Cheers,

SL

Scott Lynch

First Post
Morrus wrote:

How's he gonna send his car keys to both of us?

Er, one of us gets the door key and one of us gets the ignition key?

And then we both learn how to be *really* diplomatic toward one another...

Cheers,

SL

Dartnet X

First Post
Well lest see. I all ready gave both of you about $10.

And my car is as the great Doc McCoy would say:

I'm a doctor not and auto mechanic. It's dead Jim.

Hey but if either of you two yahoos get a supplement out for your games.......I'll pick them up too. You are planning to put out more stuff. Right?

You two deserve a pat on the back. I really didn't think that d20 could do supers. The genre is one of my favorers, and to have not one but two great books that complement one another so well come out really is a true treat for me. THANK YOU!

Two great games in 2 weeks. If GOO can get SAS out next week well be three for three.:D

Dartnet X

Scott Lynch

First Post
Dartnet wrote:

Hey but if either of you two yahoos get a supplement out for your games.......I'll pick them up too. You are planning to put out more stuff. Right?

The first DNW supplement, currently untitled, is a combat supplement. It includes 60+ new feats, including more martial arts style feats and the new martial arts mastery feats, expanded weapons tables, heavy coverage of "trick" bows, arrows, boomerangs, and other unique ranged weapons, new styles of armor, new injury tables and options, more improvised weapons, and story seeds for super-powered wrestling and illicit brawling leagues, along with twenty pre-generated opponents for those fightin' leagues. It *was* going to be called "Delicious Combat Pie!" but I decided that was too in-jokey and eyebrow-raising even for me. ;)

It will be out on or before August 15. Another DNW supplement will follow on or before August 31. Cryptosnark will maintain the ludicrous pace of two supplements per month for at least the next two months. I'm kind of a workaholic. :D

Furthermore, Cryptosnark products will be getting a cosmetic and layout face-lift in August. I've been looking at what else is available in PDF format. I'm very impressed, and I'd like to keep up with the Joneses.

You two deserve a pat on the back. I really didn't think that d20 could do supers. The genre is one of my favorers, and to have not one but two great books that complement one another so well come out really is a true treat for me. THANK YOU!

No, thank you, Dartnet. I'm sure I speak for all of us in PDF-producing land when I say that your purchase of our games is more than flattering. Reaction to DNW has floored me with its enthusiasm... and I'm glad to hear that "the other team" is putting out good stuff, too. I like to think that we're all in this together, we little bitty e-publishers.

Cheers and best,

SL

Hey Scott, would you be interested in a product swap? I can send you a copy of FCTF if you're willing to send me a copy of DNW. Maybe we can learn something from each other.

Ah, I just got your email . . . hmm. I don't know what Russ will say, but I'd be willing to talk more about it. Talk never hurt anyone. Russ and I will talk about it, and see what we think, then we'll email you back.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads