FREAKAZOIDING OUT: I'm spent...

Empath Negative

First Post
I dunno if anyone noticed this part in the description of "Paladins" but...

"...the healing might also relieve malign conditions and spent stamina.""

Spent stamina? What... uh... spent stamina? I don't recall spending stamina ever in any version of D&D. Fatigued or exhausted but... those would probably fall under malign conditions.

This sounds like this is restoring a used up resource. That resource being Stamina.

This is just theorycraft mind you, but there it is. That is a hell of a peculiar thing for that designer to say.

KidSnide

Adventurer
This sounds like this is restoring a used up resource. That resource being Stamina.

It sounds like they are considering using stamina as "mana" for martial maneuvers, not unlike how the current version of fighters gets "Fighter's Surge" twice per day. The more tactical/complicated version of the fighter might get a series of martial maneuvers that they can expend stamina to perform. This would give tactical flexibility, but without the gamist aspects of the 4e power system (at least when applied to exploits).

Not that I have any better information, but that's how I read it (without "freakazoiding out", which does seem like a bit of an overreaction).

-KS

Tovec

Explorer
it is a joke please don't actually ban me

Mod note: Dude, really. Next time, if you know it is inappropriate, don't post it, or you *will* be banned. ~Umbran

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads