• COMING SOON! -- The Awfully Cheerful Engine on Kickstarter! An action comedy RPG inspired by cheerful tabletop games of the 80s! With a foreword by Sandy 'Ghostbusters' Petersen, and VTT support!

D&D 5E Free 60+ page Guide to Sword & Sorcery for 5E D&D

A "Game Master's Guide to the World of Xoth" might be published in the future; for now there is the Player's Guide, and the six adventure modules (which of course contain GM-only content) which are listed on the last page of the Player's Guide.
Are the six modules 5e ready, or is there a bit of conversion work to do? Not familiar with Pathfinder

xoth.publishing

Swords against tentacles!
Are the six modules 5e ready, or is there a bit of conversion work to do? Not familiar with Pathfinder
The two latest modules (XP5 - The Trials of Ngura, and XP6 - Throne of Gondira) were written for 5E.

The others (XP1-4) were written for 3E/Pathfinder, but conversion shouldn't be too difficult -- mostly just a matter of replacing monsters/creatures with their equivalents from the 5E Monster Manual.

The two latest modules (XP5 - The Trials of Ngura, and XP6 - Throne of Gondira) were written for 5E.

The others (XP1-4) were written for 3E/Pathfinder, but conversion shouldn't be too difficult -- mostly just a matter of replacing monsters/creatures with their equivalents from the 5E Monster Manual.
And POD too! I shall be grabbing some of those. It’s on my list 👍

CapnZapp

Legend
Anyone know "smarttman" or if he frequents these forums?

(He recently attempted a Let's Read of the Player's Guide at another rpg site. I believe he would find these forums a more accommodating home for this worthy endeavor)

Edit: That should be smartt not smart

Last edited:

xoth.publishing

There is a new update of the Player's Guide available (version 1.11).

The changes in this version include:

• Changed the Conqueror's saving throw proficiencies to Constitution and Intelligence.
  • Added complete spells lists for Druid and Warlock to the Sorcery of Xoth chapter.
  • Minor edits to the Sorcery of Xoth chapter.

Enjoy! :)

CapnZapp

Legend
have players choose culture before nationality. Whether you're Civilized or Nomadic is the most defining aspect of a character, while your race or nationality is almost a footnote. Also, being given a list of which races support Civilized (or Nomadic etc) characters is much more natural, in my opinion, than trying to remember which exact cultures are supported by each nationality
This makes sense. I've been considering it for a while, but so far resisted to avoid having to redo the layout of the book.
After completing our previous campaign I campaigned for a S&S campaign using your 5E rules. The stars weren't right this time, but that only means there's a chance you will have completed the rejigger when the time does come! :)

I'll watch this thread for any further updates!

xoth.publishing

What are the long term plans for Xoth 5e? Will we eventually see printed hardbacks in the shops?
All the books (except the Player's Guide for 5E which is still in playtest) are available as PDF directly ordered from the Xoth website (at discounted rates!), as PDFs from DriveThruRPG, and as softcover print-on-demand from Lulu.com.

There are no current plans for hardbacks.

Future books may include a Game Master's Guide to the World of Xoth, more adventure modules, and some non-adventure supplements (all for 5E, and offered as PDF and softcover print-on-demand).

xoth.publishing

There is a new update of the Player's Guide available (version 1.12).

The changes in this version include:

• Moved the Cultures of Xoth chapter before the Races of Xoth chapter (because your culture is more defining for your player character than race).
  • Added an introduction to the Cultures chapter to give it some more context.
  • Expanded each Culture to a separate page, with plenty of suggestions for how to roleplay members of each culture.
  • New total page count is now 72 pages!
Enjoy! :)

An Advertisement

Advertisement4