Pathfinder 2E Free Pathfinder 2e Introductory Adventure from Paizo

Paizo released a free downloadable demo adventure for Pathfinder 2nd Edition called Torment and Legacy.

Paizo released a free downloadable demo adventure for Pathfinder 2nd Edition called Torment and Legacy.

091019_TormentAndLegacy_500.jpeg

From the adventure's designer, Stephen Radney-MacFarland:

“This short adventure is designed to allow you, the Game Master, to present the game to newcomers, showcasing the new rules in a quick and fun manner. This adventure can be run for four players within an hour, which gives you enough time to explain the basic rules of the game to your players before throwing them into the jaws of grand adventure. You can also run this adventure with up to six players, though the game might take a little longer to complete.”

The free 21-page PDF includes the adventure, six pre-generated first level characters, and a quick reference rules sheet. The Pathfinder 2nd Edition Core Rulebook is listed as a requirement to play (along with the usual maps, dice, tokens, minis, pawns, etc.) but a link was also included to the Pathfinder 2nd Edition SRD.

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

TheCultMachine

Explorer
I have two players that I could run through this. I wonder if it would be better to replace the ogre for another creature or two, or just lower its damage.

JeffB

Legend
Not sure I would call that an adventure, it's pretty much just a combat encounter.

Nonetheless, appreciate they threw it out for us as a freebie.

Kaodi

Hero
I was thinking about whether it would make sense to have a short introductory adventure with the trio of kobolds from the Bestiary as one of the encounters. I am not sure if you could straight up substitute three level 1 kobold scouts for a level 3 ogre though.

Edit: I also have this weird idea that they should be collectively nicknamed Blood & Bruises, owing to being red, black, and blue.

Last edited:

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
2 Kobold Warriors and a Scout would basically be a moderate encounter (deficit of 10) for a party of four. 3 kobold scouts is like 10 xp above moderate. To be right on the money use 2 scouts and a warrior. Not a big difference either way. Might want to use the kobold dragon mage maybe with a warrior for the last encounter.

I mean these are broad guidelines. The actual difficulty of any given encounter will depend on things like party composition, player skill, etc.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads