• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Freebie power armor rules for d20 future [AAP]

NeghVar

First Post
John,

Depending on the setting these are not "mecha". I think the rules look great and balance against themselves.

Let me know when you are going to start selling this - you will have my sale.

Thanks!

Last edited:

hobgoblin

First Post
i guess there are 2 diffrent understandings of the word power-armor. one is where you wear it just like you wear a normal set of armor, inly that it have a buildt-in powerd exo-skeleton so that the weight of the armor is more or less removed and maybe even increase the physical abilitys of the wearer.

but then there is allso the mecha, heavy gear type. about the size of a compact car with legs. this one you not so mutch wear as drive.

the first one is nicely represented by the armor found at PL8. the second is more accuratly represented by the large mecha in the mecha section.

ragboy

Explorer
TheFool1972 said:
Acolyte Trooper Power Armor

Digging your take on this so far. Reminds of Armor by John Steakley...which I just read for the first time recently (even though I've owned the damn book for about 10 years...ug)

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
John, good job on these rules. When I got d20 Future, Power Armors were the first thing I looked for (that and mecha) and I was dissapointed not to see them. Then later I saw how they treated power armor and I was like, eh, it works but it's not what I had in mind.

I like the rules above. Are you going to release them for sale? If so, I'll use these in the interim and credit the OGL with the purchased release. If not, then let me know how to credit these in s.15.

I have a question: how do these rules behave next to the mecha rules? Meaning, how does a power armor user fare against mecha? What's the pro/con of a heavy power armor vis-a-vis a large mecha? You see, I tried doing something similar to what you did above, but everytime I tried what I ended up with was something that was not worth the trouble over getting the smallest size of a Large mecha (8 feet) and building it from that. So I'd be curious to know what's the relationship here between these two similar pieces of ordinance before I get cranking on my d20 Future releases (hint, hint). :)

HalWhitewyrm said:
John, good job on these rules. When I got d20 Future, Power Armors were the first thing I looked for (that and mecha) and I was dissapointed not to see them. Then later I saw how they treated power armor and I was like, eh, it works but it's not what I had in mind.

I like the rules above. Are you going to release them for sale? If so, I'll use these in the interim and credit the OGL with the purchased release. If not, then let me know how to credit these in s.15.

I have a question: how do these rules behave next to the mecha rules? Meaning, how does a power armor user fare against mecha? What's the pro/con of a heavy power armor vis-a-vis a large mecha? You see, I tried doing something similar to what you did above, but everytime I tried what I ended up with was something that was not worth the trouble over getting the smallest size of a Large mecha (8 feet) and building it from that. So I'd be curious to know what's the relationship here between these two similar pieces of ordinance before I get cranking on my d20 Future releases (hint, hint). :)

Use them with my blessing. Just attribute them to Ancient Awakenings Publications, donated material, 2004. Don't forget my credits though! :cool:

How do they hold up? A couple of items make mecha the winner: More HP on average and more/bigger guns. Most of the above suits are limited to small to large weapons, with the heavy having the option of a huge weapon. So heavy power armor could possibly take on the smallest mecha...

You get the idea.

Wait till you see the upgraded starship rules I'm working on. Templates can make ship building a breeze when use right. A fully modular building system I'm even balancing it so that it should be 90% compatable with the current rule set.

I have to say, I did not try and shoehorn the ship sizes into the human/medium baseline. I shifted it so that starship scale is about 3 sizes larger. A small ship is a fighter, a collossal is a fortress ship.

I have to say, I'm not useing much directly out of the book, but it's a treasure trove of things to 'fix'.

Heh... :lol:

Later,

Taco064

First Post
It's the year 2020 and I'm using parts of your power armor idea for some Exo Suit designs that needed a little more something in my modern d20 horror action survival game. Love the idea and I just wanted to leave a comment saying great work, and if people are too dumb to think for themselves and simply adapt what parts they like and what they didn't, screw em! They're all lost causes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads