• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fringe #14: Ability Season 1/2009

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
2843589531_c9a850b264_m.jpg

Ability

Stars:John Noble (Dr. Walter Bishop)
Anna Torv (Olivia Dunham)
Joshua Jackson (Peter Bishop)

Guest Star:Jared Harris (David Robert Jones)

The German authorities interrogate Olivia in an attempt to locate Mr. Jones. Meanwhile, the team investigates a bizarre series of incidents where the victims' facial orifices close over, leaving them faceless corpses.

Elodan

Adventurer
I really enjoyed this episode.

It seems like they're starting to really develop an interesting mythology (not sure if this is the right word) for the pattern and Walter. I'd probably put this in the top 5 of the current shows I'm watching.

Bonus, I spotted the observer which is always a plus.

Good episode.

So, Walter apparently wrote that "bible"? Or was it one of his co-workers? Or his alter-ego from a parallel universe?

And what does the teleportation* device do to you?

*) bad spell checker, not knowing the word teleportation! The database apparently doesn't come from a geek.

Arnwyn

First Post
Okay, that was a fantastic episode. And the story looks like it'll get even more fascinating.

Here's my wife's working theory:
Bell (the founder of Massive Dynamic) was the one who wrote the ZFT. He was the first one to travel between the two 'dimensions', learned what was there, and came back. Bell wrote it when he was working with Walter (we know the two of them were originally colleagues) in their lab, developing all that wacky stuff using what Bell learned when he was 'on the other side'. Bell, as the founder of Massive Dynamic, is using that company (and it's advanced other-dimension technology) to lead the war against that other dimension.

Elodan

Adventurer
Okay, that was a fantastic episode. And the story looks like it'll get even more fascinating.

Here's my wife's working theory:
Bell (the founder of Massive Dynamic) was the one who wrote the ZFT. He was the first one to travel between the two 'dimensions', learned what was there, and came back. Bell wrote it when he was working with Walter (we know the two of them were originally colleagues) in their lab, developing all that wacky stuff using what Bell learned when he was 'on the other side'. Bell, as the founder of Massive Dynamic, is using that company (and it's advanced other-dimension technology) to lead the war against that other dimension.

I'm leaning toward this theory, but the document seems more in line with Walter's thinking.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads