• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

From humble beginnings...

Grenier

First Post
With that Grenier leads the way to the room that he is sharing (with whomever). He opens the scroll case and sprawls the maps on the floor. He takes time to arrange them so that they adjoin and what not. Then takes a seat, removing his cloak before he does so.

"Yes going straight to Critwall seems like a good bet. If the rumors are true we might be lucky enough to bypass anything dangerous. And if they aren't well it's an easy few days hike. From then on though it's a little trickier..."

Grenier points to the maps and then scratches his chin a little.

"It's gonna be a long rough journey through there... The Land of Iuz! Pfft, I still can't believe we're doing this."

"So any ideas you three wanna throw up?"

Last edited:

Clete

Banned
Banned
"one thing I'd like to add before we decide our route.

An elderly man has made what seems to be a sincere request for us to check on his niece in Willip, whom he has not heard from for some time. He promises we'll get a good meal there when we visit.

So, what do you say about going through Willip?

OOC: Note: Gotta get to work. I'll check this thread tonight where I am (around 6-7 pm GMT).

Last edited:

M'faro

First Post
Pointing at the maps

Let's see... going directly to Critwall from here is faster, cheaper and maybe dangerous.

Going to Willip doesn't leave us any closer to Critwall, but we have the chance to take boat to Herechal.

Looking at the rest of the group

I guess that if we are posing as merchants, it would be better to follow the same routes they take.

Initially, I rather go directly, but taking into account what Clete just said, it would be less suspicious, although longer and more expensive, if we go to Willip.

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita sits down on the bed & stretches her neck.

I would like to help this man w/his neice, but if we do visit his neice then doesn't he want us to return here & let him know how she's doing? If so, then we're back where we started & that shouldn't affect our route choice.

We're posing as merchants, yes, but we have no merchandise yet, so if it's faster & cheaper to go overland directly, I don't see why unladen merchants would be any more likely to take the longer route.

We don't know how expensive those tolls will be; it probably depends on how well be bargin & how poor we look.

I perfer the wilderness route. I love the woods & this dangerous stinkhole of a town is just a taste of the more civilized route. I'm inclined to just head out as soon as we are well.

Grenier

First Post
"Willip is not close; in fact it would take some time. And personally I would rather not take to the water as you suggest M'faro... "

"We have to ask ourselves if we are going to run these little errands for everyone we meet. I would be fine with it if we were already headed in that direction, and going to Willip didn't seem to be the consensus."

johnsemlak

First Post
OK, lets go the wilderness route. We must choose the best route for our mission.

I'll tell the old man we're sorry but we're going in a different direction.

Manzanita

First Post
If we're all agreed, then I will try to scout out some more information.

In general, I have nothing against small errands. I sense death in Dorakaas. If it takes us awhile to get there, all the better. We'll have a better chance of survival if we gain more experience & equipment. But this neice errand is out of the way & doesn't promise much reward.

Did you learn anything else on your search last night, Clete?

Clete

Banned
Banned
Clete nearly spills out what he learned regarding Tarvoden (or, more to the point, what he didn't learn) to his new comrades, for he would very much like to gain their trust, but decides to keep that to himself for the time being.

"No, everything I learned I've told you already. I could try to learn more. There are some taverns I have not visited, and perhaps some knowledgeable people I have not asked. I have a talent for finding things out. (OOC: gather information skill +6)"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads