• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Frostburn: To buy or not to buy?

Matafuego

Explorer
Well I actually liked the idea and those "official comments" on the book. I would love one of these for the Desert!

Last edited:

langolas

First Post
It's coming out just in time for us to be leaving the arctic wastelands of the North and heading back to civillization ;)

I am not too impressed from reading the description. It's just a sourcebook if you plan to run campains in the cold north. Great if you are, just another $30 into WotC coffers if you have to be more pickey/choosey about the products you buy.

I haven't been too impressed with any of the new feats/prestige classes that I have read in a lot of the supplements lately. New equipment is always nice, but it's primarily arctic in nature so , eh.

vtaltos

Explorer
I hadn't give Frostburn much thought up until now, but all ten of those ideas actually make me want the book. It sounds like there's quite a bit of originality in it -- plus it's got a penguin familiar. That would rock

Agreed! I go for penguins. Penguins are so sensitive to my needs.

Crothian

First Post
Dark Psion said:
What do you guys think?

Get Frost and Fur. Its by Monkey God and its damn good. It might not have penguion familiars but what it does have is really good. Plus, and this is silver lining on a bad thing, Monkey God is no longer making d20 products so you should be able to find it for a good price. I've seen them going for 50% off.

WotC should take down that list. Reading it makes me NOT want to buy a book I had been planning on picking up. It sounds so "niche market" that it turns me off (yes, I know it's an arctic-themed sourcebook but it doesn't have to be arcticly-stupid). Neanderthals? Uh, yeah, that's what I always wanted... :\

Last edited:

Remove ads