Frukathka's Feats

DarkKestral

First Post
Ah... it might be better. I still think it should be a metamagic feat, but I don't think it needs to be anything greater than a +1 or maybe +2 (some spells, especially ones like polymorph, mess with the balance scale pretty heavily)

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Elemental Feats, Part I

Elemental Spellcasting [General]
Choose an element (air, earth, fire or water). You cast spells with that descriptor more effectively than normal.
Prerequisite: Knowledge (The Planes) 4 ranks
Benefit: You cast spells with the chosen elemental descriptor at +2 caster level.
Special: You can gain this feat multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take this feat it applies to a new element.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Elemental Feats, Part II

Elementalist [General]
Choose an element (air, earth, fire or water). The spells you cast of the chosen element do more damage than normal.
Prerequisite: Elemental Spellcasting
Benefit: When you select this feat, choose one of the following spell descriptors: Air, Earth, Fire or Water. When you cast a spell that deals damage of the type you selected, your spell deals an additional point of damage for each die of damage the spell deals.
Special: You can gain this feat multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take this feat it applies to a new element.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Elemental Feats, Part III

Improved Elementalist [General]
Choose an element (air, earth, fire or water). The spells you cast of the chosen element do more damage than normal.
Prerequisite: Elementalist
Benefit: When you select this feat, choose one of the following spell descriptors: Air, Earth, Fire or Water. When you cast a spell that deals damage of the type you selected, your spell deals three additional points of damage for each die of damage the spell deals.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Elemental Feats, Part IV

Elemental Mastery [General]
Choose an element (air, earth, fire or water). You have mastered a chosen element and are unparalleled in spellcasting power with it.
Prerequisite: Improved Elementalist and must have visited at least two planes where an element has the Enhanced Magic trait.
Benefit: Choose one element: Air, Earth, Fire or Water. The save DC for any spell with the chosen element that you cast increases by +2. In addition your effective caster level with the chosen element increases by +3 and damage done with spell of the chosen descriptor deal five extra points of damage. This effect stacks with all similar benefits, such as that of Spell Focus and Elemental Spellcasting.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Powerful Smiting [General]
When you employ use of a power attack when smiting, you deal additional damage to your foe.
Prerequisite: Strength 13, Power Attack, Smite attack
Benefit: When you make a power attack against a foe you are smiting, the extra damage caused by your smite ability increases by 50%. You may make one powerful smite attack for every four levels you have attained, and no more than once per round.

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
Frukathka said:
When you employ use of a power attack when smiting, you deal additional damage to your foe.
Prerequisite: Strength 12, Power Attack, Smite attack
Benefit: When you make a power attack against a foe you are smiting the amount of damage done toy your enemy is increased by 50%. You may make one powerful smite attack for every four levels you have attained, and no more than once per round.

Is this meant to be an increase to your smite damage alone, or to your total damage? The way it's written seems almost to imply total- which I would say is over the top. Smite damage, however, would be just fine imho.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
the Jester said:
Is this meant to be an increase to your smite damage alone, or to your total damage? The way it's written seems almost to imply total- which I would say is over the top. Smite damage, however, would be just fine imho.
It is meant to add to smite damage alone. How do you suggest I reword the feat to reflect that?

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
I'm not The Jester, but here's my rewrite:

Your powerful strikes result in stronger smite attacks.
Prerequisites: Strength 13, Power Attack, Smite attack
Benefit: To use this feat, you must make use the Power Attack feat and take at least a -1 penalty to your attack roll. If you make use your smite ability on such an attack, you deal 50% extra smite damage to your opponent. You may make as many powerful smite attacks as you have Smite uses per day, but no more than once per round.

---
I altered the Prerequisite for Strength up to 13, since that is the requirement for the Power Attack feat.

I also thought it would be better to simply link the ability to the character's Smite X ability, since there could be a mismatch between smite uses per day and power smites, especially in the case of a multiclass character.

Remove ads