D&D 5E Full feat or half-feat?

Shiroiken

Legend
Yea, that a good comparison. Savage Attacker, realistically, should be a half-feat at most. Virtually no one takes it as a full feat, which gives you a perspective of how much a feat should be worth.
I combined Savage Attacker with Charger and still no one has even considered it. I doubt even making it a half feat would change that.

aco175

Legend
I would rather see something to make them weapon dependent. Maybe a dagger feat that allows +2 damage, changes the die to 1d6 and allows a fast draw ability. Then a longsword feat only gives +1 damage, but allows you to use the finesse ability with it.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
I combined Savage Attacker with Charger and still no one has even considered it. I doubt even making it a half feat would change that.
LOL considering all this came up because I was considering Savage Attacker, and Charger was also on the table, I WOULD TOTALLY take a feat that combined BOTH!!! OMG YES! I would take it, yep. :)

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
I would rather see something to make them weapon dependent. Maybe a dagger feat that allows +2 damage, changes the die to 1d6 and allows a fast draw ability. Then a longsword feat only gives +1 damage, but allows you to use the finesse ability with it.
We house-rule a versatile weapon, such as a longsword, wielded with two hands gains the finesse property or the heavy property. You choose which at the start of your turn.

This allows things like the GWM feat with a battleaxe used in two hands, or an elf using a finessed-longsword as you discussed. It also allows rogues to sneak attack with such weapons when they choose the finesse property for them. :)

Our Weapon Master feat grants +1 to STR or DEX, proficiency in all weapons (including improvised), and you pick a weapon of your choice to gain a +1 to attack rolls with (once you select this, you can't change it...).

Remove ads