Full Version of Marvel Multiverse Role-Playing Game Core Rulebook

mykesfree

Adventurer
Surprised to see no Full Version reviews of the Marvel Multiverse Role-Playing Game Core Rulebook.

All I can find is the playtest.

Anyone purchased it yet and can give a solid review? It is seems to be selling as it in Top 1,000 book overall for Amazon. Very surprised no one has reviewed it yet or has given it any ratings.
1690984219690.png

Von Corellon

Adventurer
My physical copy arrives tomorrow. I’ve followed all the changes through the playtest and I’m excited for the final product. Matt Forbeck is a veteran game designer and NYT best-selling author that is an avid Marvel fan (wrote the encyclopedia for it) and is working on the X-Men and Kang expansions. My son and I cannot wait to play 🎲

mykesfree

Adventurer
I just got the book and the rules are very streamlined. Concepts are easy to grasp, and some of the Powers/skills can have an element of Strategy behind them, but the system looks to work just fine without it.

The only thing that can throw off players is there is some multiplication involved for damage. But if using a VTT nobody will care.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
That’s why they have playtests 🤷🏻‍♂️
Eh. Public playtests, especially for a big IP like Marvel, is different then your alpha/in-house playtests. I think you're past the "let's scrap this whole (sub)system because the foundation is poor", which is where the playtest document felt like to me, and into a mid-level or detail-level fixing. And when it's a big IP, the public playtest in today's industry is also a hype-generator to build up momentum for when it does go on sale, and that doesn't work if the playtest rules turn players off. Umbran put words to my own response: the playtest document didn't seem to be the type of system I'd enjoy so I didn't pick up the full system even though I like the IP.

Remove ads