[Full - Waiting for complete characters] Loex’edar: The Dragon War

scout989

First Post
Wrahn- both the club-wielder and the sorceror are going to be dead before you take your delayed action. Do you want to edit and go after the archer? He's kinda the only one left ;)

G

Guest 11456

Wrahn said:
Vers will descend trying to move himself right next to the path the archer is falling. I would imagine it is a difficult snap estimation so you may want him to make a to hit roll or an int check to place himself in the route. He is trying to place himself about 50 feet below the archer, his standard move is 200 ft double for descent, should allow him plenty of room to manuever as a move equivilent action. He will ready his standard action and attempt to strike the archer when he enters his zone of control (again with his tail +34 to hit, 1d8 + 29 20/x2) and as he continues to fall through, taking an attack of opportunity (with his tail again)

Versveshedar has a maneuverability of poor, which means that his maximum down angle is 45 degrees for a flying descent and thus a double move. So, for a double move of 800 feet his down part of that is roughly 530 feet and that doesn't take into account movement lost from turns, which you would need to make a few in order to hit your mark.

scout989

First Post
Wrahn- Placing yourself in its path isn't much of a problem. I'd say that a creature that has, essentially, flown since birth would be able to estimate something like that fairly easily.

Wrahn and everyone- AoOs are going to be taken with your primary weapon- which is your bite, in every case. Unless there was an errata for this which I didn't read, most monsters take AoOs with their primary nat. attack, and I don't see much reason for dragons to be any different.

I'm almost positive that it does state that in the Draconomicon (sp?) as well....

That's why the bite has a higher BAB than the rest of your attacks (unless you take feats to minimize the secondary attack penalty).

scout989

First Post
Okay everyone, I'll try to get one more post up Friday night, if everyone has posted by then. After that it's serious move time, and it may be a week or more before I can get back to this. After the move, I plan on getting new posts up once to twice a week- I won't have internet access at home, so I'll be going to the library, and they have time limits there.

Wrahn

First Post
Perhaps this article by Skip Williams on the official website will be of interest concerning Attacks of Opportunity. It does not address the specific issue but it does say you can trip, grapple or disarm as an attack of opportunity, using secondary weapons seems hardly a stretch.

But I understand that it make the game more complicated for you and if you feel it isn't worth it, I am good with that.

Oh, they just updated the errata on the official site and I was looking through it, came across this:

What happens when a creature with multiple natural
weapons gets to make an attack of opportunity? Does it
have to use its primary natural weapon? What happens if
the creature has a pair of primary weapons, such as a
bear’s two claws.

An attack of opportunity is a single melee attack; no matter
how many weapons or natural weapons the creature making the
attack has available.
When a creature with natural weaponry makes an attack of
opportunity, it can use any natural weapon it has. If it decides
to use a secondary weapon, however, it suffers the usual –5
attack penalty for a secondary attack (or –2 if it has the
Multiattack feat), and it applies only half its Strength bonus on
damage if the attack hits.

Which I think pretty much says it all. Again, if you would prefer that we just used primary attacks as attacks of opportunity, for ease of play, I am good with that.

Last edited:

Remove ads